How to Remove Fecal Matter from Carpet
The IICRC recommends that any carpet and pad that has been contaminated with fecal matter from a water loss be replaced. The following steps for cleaning fecal matter are for spots caused by a young child or family pet.
- Apply Matrix® Spot Out undiluted. Tamp and blot with a tamping brush and spotting towel.
- Apply Matrix® Release undiluted to a clean white spotting towel. Tamp and blot the spot with a tamping brush.
- Apply Matrix® Target Tannin Stain Remover undiluted. Tamp and blot with a spotting brush and spotting towel.
- Rinse the carpet with water.
- Dilute 32 oz of Matrix® Bottom Line Odor Eliminator per gallon of water and apply to the affected area with a pump-up sprayer.
- Apply Odorcide 210, Fresh Scent diluted per label instructions.
Warning and Cautions: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.