I. Personal Information Collected
We may collect personal identification from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit the site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to a newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our website anonymously.
How do we collect your data?
The following are examples of the ways in which information may collected:
- Directly from you (e.g., during account registration, filling out a form, subscription to emails).
- Indirectly from you (e.g., observing your actions on the website)
- From third parties (e.g., third party social networking providers, data aggregators, affiliates)
- From publicly available sources (e.g., online database searches)
We have also partnered with Microsoft Clarity and Microsoft Advertising to capture how you use and interact with our website through behavioral metrics, heatmaps, and session replay to improve and market our products/services. Website usage data is captured using first and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to determine the popularity of products/services and online activity. Additionally, we use this information for site optimization, fraud/security purposes, and advertising. For more information about how Microsoft collects and uses your data, visit the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
What data do we collect?
The following are examples of the types of personal information collected:
- Information you provide: name, email address, mailing address (billing and shipping), phone number, transaction information, payment card information, etc.
- Information associated with the use of our site: information gathered from cookies and web pixels, such as IP address and interactions on the website to enhance your experience on our website, aggregations of multiple visits to the website, chat information
- Non-personal identification information: the browser / system information, the technical information about users means of connection to our site, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider(s) utilized and other similar information.
How will we use your data?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Fulfill the order and delivery of products
- Live chat and servicing an order or inquiry
- Account activation and maintenance
- Identify users to deliver marketing materials
- Analytics, business trends, and insights
- Interaction on social media
We may share your personal data with one or more of the third parties described here: vendors, service providers and consultants that perform services on our behalf, companies which store and process data on our behalf, companies which perform data analytics for us, companies which help deliver and track our products, companies which send you information about products on our behalf, and companies which you request us to share your personal information with.
We also engage a third-party partner for the purpose of identifying users and delivering to them marketing on our behalf (i.e. email or direct mail). Our partners may collect information directly from your device, such as your IP address, device ID, and information about your browser or operating system; may combine personal and non-personal information about you with information from other sources, and may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. This activity enables them to identify you to facilitate the delivery of marketing on our behalf. To opt out of recognition services, please go to https://www.jondon.com/email/update-preferences to opt out of third-party cookies, please go to https://www.aboutads.info/choices
II. Data Retention
When you place an order through the website, we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials. By subscribing to Jon-Don mobile messages, you agree to receive autodialed marketing messages to the telephone number used at the time of opt in.
To opt out of mobile messages, Text STOP to 25850.
Sometimes we use a third party provider to send email. If you subscribe to any of our email programs, the third party will have access to your email address for the purposes of sending out correspondence pertaining to Jon-Don, and has no authorization to use your email address for any purpose other than sending messages from us to you.
If you have subscribed to our email programs and wish to unsubscribe, you may do so at any time by using the unsubscribe link on the bottom of any email message we send, or by managing your email preferences here: https://www.jondon.com/email/update-preferences.
Cookies are files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visit behavior information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent though some features of the website require cookies. When you visit Jon-Don’s website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology in order to enhance and personalize your online experience, and permit us to remember you when you return to our website, to deliver personalized marketing, and to better understand the way you use our website. For further information about cookies visit allaboutcookies.org/.
V. Data Collection
We collect information using the following technologies in order to analyze the functionality and effectiveness of the website, to measure the performance of a marketing effort on our behalf, including email marketing, or to place advertising on our behalf across the Internet.
- "Cookies" as explained above.
- "Log files" track actions occurring on the website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons", "tags", and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the website.
VI. "Do Not Track" Signals
Jon-Don's website does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information.
VIII. Your Rights
To the extent a specific element of our processing of your personal information relies upon your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
If you wish to object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest and no opt-out mechanism is available to you directly, please contact us.
If you do not provide us with certain portions of your personal data, we may not be able to fulfill the requested purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries. However, unless otherwise specified, not providing your personal data will not result in legal consequences for you.
IX. Exercise your Rights
If you have any questions, please contact us:
By Postal Mail:
Attention: Privacy Official
400 Medinah Rd
Roselle, Il 60172