Highly Versatile Multi-Purpose Fogger!
This Burgess 982 Fogger functions as a thermal fogger and low-volume sprayer/mister (LV).
Never use a pesticide in a thermal fogger you intend to use indoors. The Burgess 982 works with Thermo-55 products used in counteracting odors indoors.
The 982 Thermo-Fogger is designed to meet a multitude of commercial fogging tasks:
- Fire and smoke damage
- Flood damage restoration
- Odor control
- Insect control
Restoration professionals will enjoy using this commercial-grade fogger on flood and fire damage recovery jobs. With the barrel (heating element) attached, the Burgess 982 produces a dry fog made up of microscopic particles that spread and penetrate any area being treated. This unit can be used with specially formulated thermal fogging products, both oil- and water-based solutions that contain propylene glycol oils*, to eliminate mildew and even pet odor.
To convert the unit into a low-volume sprayer or mister, simply remove the heating element. The Burgess 982 dispenses a wet fog at a rate of 2 ounces per minute. It can be used with water-based and light oil-based products when functioning in this manner. Note: Heavy oil-based products will damage the unit and clog nozzle components.
- Allow the Burgess 16982150 Electric Thermal Fogger to pre-heat for two minutes or more.
- Carry the fogger as you would a suitcase, holding it about 3 feet off the ground and away from your side.
- Pull the trigger, conveniently located on the underside of the handle, to start the unit operating. Release trigger to stop.
- Turn adjustment knob clockwise to obtain a dry fog. With a dry fog, you should see no moisture on a 8 inch x 12-inch minimum piece of paper or cardboard when you pass it through the fog about a foot from the barrel. Be careful not to place hand in front of the barrel.
- For continuous use (more than 1 minute), be sure the unit is adjusted for a dry fog or liquid will drip from the end of the barrel.
The fogger should only be operated indoors by certified, trained Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians and certified, trained Odor Control Technicians and only in accordance with the IICRC (FST) Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician's and Odor Control Technician's (OCT) guidelines and standards.
*These products are sold separately. They are also flammable and should only be used by trained professionals. Always follow chemical manufacturer instructions, warnings and safety guidelines. Refer to SDS for proper use instructions and to verify compatibility with thermal fogging.