Pro's Choice Red Relief for Wool
- Specifically for removing food and drink stains on wool
- Comes complete with 3 powerful stain-removing solutions
- pH: 4.5
- Safe for wool and stain-resistant carpet
Red Relief for Wool is ideal for removing Kool-Aid, Gatorade, fruit juice, and other food dyes.
Pro's Choice Red Relief for Wool combines two powerful stain-removing solutions that attack food dyes and other stains on delicate wool fibers, breaking them down for easy removal during extraction.
Wool carpet and rugs, especially those that have been dyed with vegetable dyes, are particularly difficult to clean. Jon-Don highly recommends practicing your cleaning and spotting procedures on practice swatches of wool carpet before attempting to clean and spot treat customers' carpeting.
Comes complete with one pint each of Solution A, Solution B, and CSS.
How to Remove Red Food Dye and Fruit Juice from Wool Carpet
Red food dye and fruit juices contain dyes that can permanently dye carpet fibers. Never guarantee total removal. The products involved in this tech tip are safe on wool fibers.
- Thoroughly extract and rinse the stained area. Follow with multiple vacuum-only strokes to leave fibers as dry as possible.
- Mix “Red Relief for Wool” using equal portions of solution A and B into a trigger sprayer, or use the Pro's Choice Dual Chamber Sprayer.
- Wet only the stained fibers with the Red Relief solution. Allow 10 minutes of dwell time for the stain to disappear or change to a light yellow color.
- Thoroughly flush and rinse the stain and surrounding area.
- Follow with multiple vacuum-only strokes to leave the fibers as dry as possible.
- If any stain remains, repeat steps 2 through 5 (it may be necessary to repeat this procedure up to 4 times for severe stains).
- Neutralize the area by saturating it with a CSS solution (1 part CSS to 3 parts water).
- Allow 3-minute dwell time.
- Extraction-rinse and groom the fibers.
- Dry the area as soon as possible.
|Spot Type||Food Dye|
|Chemical Type||Water Based|
|Cleaning Method||Hot Water Extraction|