ODORx 9‑D‑9 Smoke Odor Counteractant
- Dilutes 1 to 3 ounces per gallon of water
- pH: 7.7
- General-purpose smoke odor counteractant
- Additive to wall, upholstery, and carpet cleaning solutions
- NOT for use with thermal foggers
ODORx 9-D-9 is a general purpose smoke odor counteractant specially formulated to manage fire, smoke, and other strong odors.
Blended with the finest-quality ingredients, 9-D-9 helps to detoxify and knock down malodors quickly and efficiently.
9-D-9 is an odor control product used primarily to eliminate smoke odor. 9-D-9 is a blend of odor control counteractants, solvents, and detergents that reduce the spread of odor-causing molecules into the atmosphere. 9-D-9 also contains surfactants that help it penetrate into odor damaged surfaces.
These surfactants help ODORx 9-D-9 disperse when it is used as an odor control additive in water-based cleaning solutions. When applied to porous or absorbent materials, the solvents in ready-to-use (RTU) solutions of 9-D-9 vaporize and dry rapidly, thus promoting the desorption of smoky malodors from treated surfaces.
ODORx 9-D-9 is used in three different applications:
- Suppression spraying for immediate knockdown of odor.
- As an additive to water-based cleaning solutions.
- As an additive to Unsoot #1 in deodorizing pre-sealers. In this application, the pre-sealer is applied to surfaces that might otherwise be a source of secondary soot contamination, such as charred framing. The addition of 9-D-9 provides enhanced odor control.
|Category||Deodorizers, Fire and Smoke Odor Control Chemicals|
|Application Method||Solution Additive, Spray, Wipe\Mop|
|Approved Use||Smoke and Odor Remediation|
|Chemical Type||Water Based|
|Xactimate Code||CLN DODRSP|