How to Treat Wicking Problems in Carpet
Wicking is the upward migration of moisture or other substances during drying. Without replacement of pad and cleaning and sealing of subfloor, wicking may reoccur with next deep cleaning.
Directions for Large Areas:
- Bonnet Clean with Matrix Brite Look Bonnet Cleaner
- Speed dry with Dry Air Tempest Air mover
Directions for Small Areas:
- Immediately following cleaning, spray an even coat of Pro's Choice ARA (Anti-Resoiling Agent) onto the carpet in areas where rapid re-soiling is a problem.
- The quantity applied should be approximately 1 oz. ARA per 3 square feet of carpet.
- After the carpet is completely dry, vacuum these areas very thoroughly with an upright “rotating brush” type vacuum.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.