How to Remove Mustard from Carpet
Most mustards contain disperse dyes that can be very difficult to remove, if not impossible. Do not guarantee complete removal to your customer.
- Apply Matrix Release undiluted. Tamp and blot with a spotting brush and spotting towel.
- Apply Matrix Target Tannin Stain Remover undiluted. Tamp and blot with a spotting brush and spotting towel.
- Apply Matrix Spot Out undiluted. Tamp and blot with a spotting brush and spotting towel. Flush area thoroughly with water.
- Apply Matrix Advanced Stain Remover mixed at equal amounts of parts A and B to the spot. Place a damp spotting towel over the spot. Set a steam iron to the lowest steam setting and place it over the towel. Check the towel every 15 seconds for color transfer. Caution: When doing a heat transfer, be sure to check that you are not transferring the carpet dye onto the towel.
- If the spot is not completely removed, cover it with plastic. The spot should disappear in 1–8 hours.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.