How to Remove Asphalt Yellowing from Carpet
Asphalt oils tracked onto carpet can leave a yellow cast. During winter, ice melt can also break down asphalt causing more to track onto the carpet.
- Make a pre-spray mixture of the following:
- 10 oz of Matrix Citrus Force ASD
- 8 oz of Matrix Release
- 1 oz of Matrix Oxidizer (mix with very hot water and leave room int he sprayer for oxygen to expand)
- 1 gallon of water
- Spray on the affected carpet and agitate with a groomer. Allow to dwell for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with a diluted solution of either of the following:
- Truck Mount Stock Solution: Matrix Confidence (32 oz per 5 gallons of water, metered at 3 GPM) with 1 oz of Matrix Oxidizer
- Portable Units: Matrix Confidence (2 oz per 5 gallons of water) with 1/4 oz of Matrix Oxidizer
Warning and Cautions: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.