How to Clean and Deodorize Mattresses
Mattress cleaning helps allergy sufferers by removing oil, debris, and other allergens. Once cleaned, a deodorizing or freshening of the mattress provides high perceived value to the customer.
- Using a HEPA vacuum, clean all sides of the mattress.
- Using a pump-up sprayer, apply MasterBlend Anti-Allergen Pre-Spray to the mattress. Allow adequate dwell time, but do not let it dry.
- Using an extraction machine and a HydraMaster DriMaster Upholstery Tool, clean mattress with MasterBlend Anti-Allergen All Fiber Rinse diluted at 1 quart to 5 gallons of water for a truck mount or mixed at 2 oz per gallon of water for a portable.
- If it is a turnable mattress, turn it and repeat the process on the other side. Perform these steps on the sides of the mattress as well.
- To deodorize the mattress, use a pump-up sprayer and lightly spray undiluted MasterBlend Anti-Allergen Deodorizer to all sides of the mattress.
- To freshen the mattress following deodorizing or cleaning, place the mattress in a plastic mattress bag. Use your extractor’s vacuum hose to remove all the air from the bag; this will cause the mattress to compress. When the vacuum is turned off and air is reintroduced into the mattress, deodorizer will be drawn deep into the mattress’s fabric layers.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
- Responsible Care Anti‑Allergen Detergent Rinse
Starting at $38.84
Detergent Rinse is hypoallergenic and designed for homeowners that are sensitive to harsh chemicals and suffer from allergies. Best when used as the final rinse when cleaning carpets or other textiles to remove soil and other detergent residues.Learn More
- Responsible Care Anti‑Allergen PreSpray
Starting at $69.93
A prespray designed for homeowners who suffer from allergies and are sensitive to harsh chemicals.Learn More
- ProTeam Super CoachVac HEPA Backpack Vacuum with Xover Tool Kit$540.53
The Super CoachVac HEPA offers the most power pound for pound of any vacuum on the market. Ideal for schools and any large, high traffic areas. CRI-Certified Gold HEPA Rating!Learn More