Horiba IG‑340 Handy Gloss Checker
- Measure instantaneously
- Save up to 100 readings
- Easy-to-use, single-key operation
- 60 ° measuring angle
Gloss is an important visual property of an object's surface. The degree of light reflected from the object's surface is termed glossiness. However, the perception of glossiness is subjective and depends on weather conditions, physical abilities, etc. The IG-340 gloss checker helps to quantify gloss measurement and perform objective numerical gloss value.
The gloss checker IG-340's user-friendly interface allows intuitive operations for instant gloss measurement. Due to ergonomic and lightweight design, the IG-340 can be held and operated by one hand. High accuracy, repeatability, and precision make this tool indispensable in an object's appearance check and quality control.
The IG-340 uses a very common 60° measurement angle, which allows accurate measurement from low gloss surfaces to highly polished textures. This enables gloss measurement of different materials including stone, wood, leather, rubber, glass, metal, plastic, and various application fields from floor maintenance, car polishing, to stone and building materials appearance inspection. Ingress Protection IP42* enables outdoor gloss measurement and use in the fields where water drops are present.
Internal memory can store 100 readings and 200 average data with time and date. Instant data output via USB connection and without any dedicated software allows QA and other professional reports to be easily generated. The IG-340 does not need any special measurement technique.
- Compact, Lightweight and Easy Operation
- 30% smaller than the previous model the IG-320
- Easy to hold and carry by one hand
- Gloss values can be easily managed on-site with one button one function operation
- Environmental Rating
- IP (Ingress Protection) rates at IP42*
- Can be used for outdoor gloss measurements such as construction sites, solar panels, ships, trains, and buses
- Also can be used for stone polishing and other applications where water drops are present
- Large Screen Display
- Indicated values can be easily confirmed when IG-340 is placed on the floor during floor cleaning and maintenance works
- Internal Memory for Measured and Average Values
- Measured values can be saved with a single touch
- Easy operation with one hand using the side button is also available
- Average value can be calculated and saved as well
*Equivalent to IP42 when battery cover and USB cover are closed.
IP42 means protection against solid objects of 1mm diameter and greater, and vertically falling water drops when enclosure is tilted up to 15 degrees.
Wiping off water drops on the measurement spots are necessary in order to obtain accurate value.