Foster 40-51 Mold Resistant Clear Coat has a low viscosity, which allows it to be easily applied by hand or with virtually any type of airless spray system.
It works well on a wide variety of surfaces: wood, painted surfaces, wall board, masonry surfaces, metal.
Foster 40-51 appears white when wet, but dries to a clear finish, allowing the original surface to be visible beneath the coating.
The inconspicuous nature of the finish offers benefits beyond simple aesthetics. Because the original condition of the surface is visible and not hidden behind a coating, industrial hygienists, consultants and building owners will be able to confirm that surfaces were clean prior to inspection. Ideal for a variety of applications: industrial, commercial, residential, hospitals, schools, food processing plants.
Over time, Foster 40-51 Sheer Defense will be highly resistant to staining caused by chemicals, mold or mildew. The formulation is based upon a durable acrylic polymer and contains blocking agents to help protect it from UV degradation. It also has excellent water resistance and will not blush once fully cured.
• Based upon a durable acrylic polymer for long service life.
• Provides a hard, mar resistant finish that will reduce dirt pickup.
• Seals water damaged surfaces.
• Has excellent water resistance and will not blush once fully cured.
• Specially formulated with select EPA-registered antimicrobial additives to provide long term protection against odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew on its surface.
• Can be used over a variety of surfaces such as bare wood, painted surfaces, wall board, masonry, brick, tile, grout and metal.
• Easy to clean and highly resistant to staining caused by chemicals, mold or mildew.
• Non-hazardous to apply and use.
• Can be used for industrial, commercial, residential, hospital and school applications.
• Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials, Paints and Coatings. VOC: 92 g/l, less water and exempt solvents.
Apply evenly to wooden surfaces at the rate of 250-450 sq ft/gal. (6.1-11.0 m2/l) until a uniform film remains on the surface. It
can be used at higher coverages on hard non-porous surfaces of up to 600 sq ft/gal (14.7 m2/l) such as tile, metal, or finished concrete. Spraying or brushing will give the smoothest surfaces. For optimum performance, maintain uniform recommended coverage. To assure the aesthetic appearance, apply product to a small test area prior to complete application. Not recommended for use on floors in high traffic areas.
Foster Sheer Defense (40-51) can be applied with virtually any type of airless spray equipment on the market today.
Reversible cleaning 0.015” to 0.017” spray tips are recommended for optimum application. Average viscosity range 1,200-1,800 cps.
AIRLESS SPRAY EQUIPMENT GUIDELINES
Foster's Sheer Defense 40-51 can be applied with with most manufacturers commercial grade electric airless sprayers.
Minimum Sprayer Specifications:
Operating Pressure (PSI): 3,000
Motor Size (hp): 3/8
Volume (gpm): 0.45
Hose (inches i.d.): 1/4 inch up to 50 feet, 5/16 inch over 50 feet
Spray Tip: 0.015 to 0.017 inch with an 8- to 10-inch fan width
COLOR: Goes on white, dries clear
AVERAGE WEIGHT/U.S. GALLON (ASTM D1475): 8.8 lbs./gallon
AVERAGE NON-VOLATILE (ASTM D2369): 39% by weight (37% by volume)
COVERAGE (Subject to type of surface and nature of material being coated.):
For Wood: 250-450 sq ft/gal
For Hard Non-Porous Surfaces: 500-600 sq ft/gal
DRYING TIME (ASTM D1640): Dry Through: 1 to 2 hours at ambient
SERVICE TEMPERATURE LIMITS (FSTM 70): -20°F to 250°F
WATER VAPOR PERMEANCE (ASTM F1249): 29.2 perms (19.2 metric perms) at 3 mils dry film. Tested at 100ºF (38ºC) and 90% RH.
WET FLAMMABILITY (ASTM D92): No flash to boiling, 210°F (99°C)
|Approved Use||Mold Remediation|
|Max Coverage Per Gallon||600|
|Xactimate Code||PNT S+++ - Seal the walls and ceiling with an antimicrobial coating - One coat|