Santa Fe Classic Basement Dehumidifier
- Free Shipping
- 110 pints water removal at AHAM (80°F/60% Rh)
- Quiet operation
- Specifically designed for basements
- Low electrical usage, only 6.4 amps
- Made in the USA
The Santa Fe Classic Dehumidifier- Specifically Designed for Basements
Free-Standing Dehumidification for Homes
Designed for basements, this dehumidifier features a high-capacity (275 CFM) blower which moves air in a way that no small conventional unit can. The Santa Fe Classic's vertical configuration and flow-down design perform exceptionally well in basements, and provide options for installation that no other unit can match. No conventional dehumidifier can perform as efficiently and effectively in basements as the Santa Fe Classic.
Exceeds Energy Star® efficiency requirements.
The large capacity Santa Fe Classic provides 110 pints per day of water removal at standard rating conditions. Large-sized basements (up to 2500 sq. ft.) are no problem for the Santa Fe Classic.
Low Temperature Operation
Engineered for basements and the temperature and air flow issues that they present. When many conventional dehumidifiers have stopped removing water from the air, the Santa Fe Classic continues to protect your family and your home.
Superior Air Filtration
MERV-11 filtration is standard on the Santa Fe Classic, capturing particles (including mold spores) down to 1 micron in size. This superior level of air filtration also keeps the Santa Fe Classic working at peak efficiency for longer than other conventional dehumidifiers.
Santa Fe dehumidifiers will automatically restart at the original setting after a power outage.
Consequences of High Humidity
- The ground in a crawlspace or under the basement slab remains at a near constant temperature of 50-60ºF year round. These cool surface temperatures create micro-environments where the relative humidity of the air approaches its saturation point (100%RH) and condensation (or sweating) can occur. The conditions that result support mold/microbial growth and cause musty odors.
- Crawlspaces are a major source of air infiltration that permeates up into the living area, transmitting odors, carrying moisture, and creating an environment conducive to molds, pests, and dust mite infestation. Wet crawlspaces contribute to the cupping of wood floors and the deterioration of floor joists, beams, sub-flooring, insulation, and electrical-mechanical systems.
- Excess moisture encourages mold growth on wood and on any other organic material in a crawlspace.
Studies have shown that as much as 50% of the air in your home comes up from your basement or crawlspace. This air is often higher in moisture content and carries with it various allergens and musty odors. When conditions linger above 60% relative humidity for extended periods of time, mold, mildew, and bacteria growth is stimulated.
The American Lung Association, American Medical Association, and the EPA recommend maintaining relative humidity levels in the 30% - 50% range. Ventilation and air conditioning alone cannot provide the protection offered by a high capacity dehumidifier like the Santa Fe Classic.™
Protecting your family and your biggest investment is worth the best.
Large Capacity Dehumidification
The cooler temperatures in basements and crawlspaces create unique humidity control challenges for homeowners.
Capacities for residential dehumidifiers are measured in pints of water removed per day at standard conditions (80°F and 60% RH) determined by the American Home Appliance Manufacturers ("AHAM"). At these conditions, the capacity of the Santa Fe Classic is 110 pints per day, while most standard residential units range from 20 to 65 pints of water removal per day.
However, most basements and crawlspaces are cooler than 80°F and therefore the water removal capacity of the standard residential unit will be diminished significantly
A large capacity dehumidifier is necessary to ensure that enough moisture is removed at the real-world temperature of your basement or crawlspace to prevent mold, mildew and bacterial growth. The Santa Fe Classic is a large-capacity dehumidifier designed for these cooler applications.
One of the best Limited Warranties in the industry today!
2 YEARS – All Parts and Labor
5 YEARS – Sealed Refrigeration System
|Water Removal (AHAM)||110|
Year 1 - All Components, includes Freight and Labor
Years 2 to 5 - Sealed refrigeration system (condenser, evaporator, compressor), parts only, does not include labor or freight
|Manufacturer Model Number||4029700|