How to Remove Blood from Carpet
If you’re called to a job where you are required to address a blood or bodily fluid stain, you must adhere to OSHA’s blood-borne pathogen rule. You must wear gloves, goggles, and coveralls. All recovery must be discarded as hazardous waste. Recovery tanks need to be cleaned with a bleach solution. OSHA’s rules are in place to protect you from possible infection from AIDS or hepatitis.
Option 1 Directions
- Apply Matrix Oxidizer diluted at 1/2-1 oz per gallon of hot water. Agitate with bone spatula from outside of spot to the center of spot. Tamp and blot with tamping brush and spotting towel.
Option 2 Directions
- Apply Matrix Spot Out undiluted. Tamp and blot with a tamping brush and spotting towel.
- Apply Matrix Release undiluted. Tamp and blot with a tamping brush and spotting towel.
- Apply Matrix Confidence diluted at 1/2 ounce per gallon of water. Tamp and blot the area with a tamping brush and towel.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with warm water.
Follow label directions, and never mix products unless specified in the label directions.
If customers call you to clean up a blood-based stain, you will not find a better product than Blood Eraser. It will work on all types of fabrics that are safe for water, unless the spot has been set by low pH cleaners or spotters.
- Blood spotter for all wet-cleanable fabrics
- May not work on spots exposed to low pH cleaners or spotters
- pH: 9.5 - 10.5
- Safe for stain-resistant carpets
- Ready-to-use formula
Starting at: $12.09
Oxidizer is a powdered version of hydrogen peroxide—essentially a safe form of bleach—that is specially formulated as an additive booster to make your traffic lane cleaner or extraction detergent work even better. It’s ideal for use on stubborn stains, like nicotine stains, or browning on carpet, upholstery, and hard surfaces.
- Boost your cleaning power and treat browning issues
- Ideal for stubborn stains on carpet, upholstery, and hard surfaces
- pH: None
- Not for use on wool
- Dilute 1/2–1 ounce per gallon of cleaning solution
Spot Out is a water-based spotter that removes even the most stubborn oil- and water-based stains fast, so you can get on with your cleaning. It's our most popular all-purpose carpet spotter because it works—FAST!
- All-purpose spotter
- Removes oil- and water-based spots
- pH: 8.8
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Ready to use
Starting at: $5.98
These powder-free nitrile gloves are 3X more puncture-resistant than rubber gloves! They're an affordable way to protect your hands from a broad range of chemicals as well as bloodborne pathogens.
- Latex and powder free; puncture resistant
- 5 mil thickness
- Micro-textured surface for a non-slip grip
- 100 gloves per box; 10 boxes per case (XL 90 per box)
Starting at: $8.36