Curry Odor Removal
Curry odors are a challenge for many reasons:
- The odors are complex due to the combination of materials combusted.
- Odors build up over time with repeated curry cooking.
- Cooking with spices may be done in oils, which vaporize and disperse through the entire kitchen.
- Residue builds up on the interior of the kitchen vent hood, exterior of kitchen cabinets, and on wall and ceiling surfaces.
- Some kitchen exhaust hoods have no vents, and they collect oil residue and cooking vapors in charcoal.
- Some kitchen exhausts vent into the attic rather than the outside, making it necessary to treat the attic also.
Deodorizing, cleaning and repainting will be required in most situations. Do not paint over the smell without properly deodorizing, as the curry odor will vaporize through latex paints.
- Using a pump-up sprayer, contact spray (do not fog) Unsmoke Double O diluted at 3-5 ounces per gallon of water onto affected surfaces: walls, ceilings, exterior of kitchen cabinets, appliances, and vent hood (interior and exterior).
- Clean the structure using UnSmoke DeGrease-All with 3 ounces of Unsmoke Double O added to each gallon. Use 0000 steel wool to clean the exterior of kitchen cabinets to remove grease and soil build-up.
- Place Unsmoke COC crystals (citrus scent) on paper plates around the area. Use two (2) large handfuls per room. If preferred, you can use the 8 oz Fresh Wave IAQ gel. (DO NOT APPLY COC CRYSTALS TO A HARDWOOD FLOOR.)
- Thermal fog with Unsmoke Thermo 55 Citrus at a rate of 1/2-1 ounce per thousand cubic feet.
- If needed, OdorX Space Spray Citrus/Lemon can be used to re-odorize the exterior of kitchen cabinets in severe cases when required.
- Seal walls with Bin pigmented shellac with two (2) ounces of Unsmoke Space Spray Citrus added to it.
- Re-paint structure with desired coating.
The Restorator uses Vaportek's patented essential oil canisters to release non-toxic, odor neutralizing, dry vapor into the air. The penetrating vapor ELIMINATES odors and is completely safe to use around building occupants. Plus, it's portable and easy to use!
- Handles up to 20,000 cubic feet
- Penetrating vapor quickly eliminates odors
- Cartridges provide up to 270 hours of use
- Completely safe; uses essential oils
- Will not harm fabric, rubber, or electrical components
Double-O is specially formulated to eliminate the stubborn protein odors resulting from kitchen fires, burned meat, spoiled food, and more. Double-O is also highly effective against sewage-related odors and water damage restoration jobs.
- Ideal for kitchen fires involving burned meat or poultry
- Can be added to cleaning solutions
- pH: 7.2
- NOT for use with thermal foggers
- Dilutes 1 to 4 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $129.41
Degrease-All offers a special blend of tough cleaning agents formulated to remove silt and soot from walls, fixtures, sealed wood, painted surfaces, yet gentle enough to be used as a traffic lane cleaner. It also removes heavy smoke odors.
- Multi-surface degreaser
- Highly effective for removing soot
- pH: 12.3 (RTU 11.0)
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Various dilution options
Starting at: $26.76
ODORx C.O.C. Professional Granular Odor Absorbent is designed for long-term or permanent odor control situations. It is packaged in 6-oz cans and has a milder fragrance. Use for treating tough odors in insulation, wall cavities, ceiling voids, and other hard-to-reach areas.
- Ideal for long-term or permanent odor control
- Use in furnace plenum, attics, voids, and devastated areas
- Coverage is 2 oz per 100 sq ft of floor area
- Time release formula; can be placed on foil or in glass dishes
- Cherry scent
Starting at: $10.00
Airborne odors don't stand a chance with Fresh Wave IAQ gel. This amazing compound works around the clock to provide 24/7 odor elimination. Simply set it out in a room and let ambient airflow do the work for you!
- Non-toxic, natural odor elimination
- Powerful gel activated by ambient airflow
- Effective for persistent odor problems
- Can be set out in any type of container
- Ready to use
Starting at: $5.20