Asphalt Tile Care
Asphalt tile is made of asbestos fibers and lime rock. The key to asphalt tile care is using a good sealer.
Directions for Basic Maintenance:
- Using a cotton mop head, clean the floor with Unitex Daily Clean diluted at 2 oz per gallon of water.
Directions for Stripping:
- Using a mop, liberally apply Unitex Melt Down Stripper diluted at 26 oz per gallon of hot water.
- After 3-4 minutes, agitate with a floor machine and black pad. Allow another 3 minutes before picking up the solution with a mop or a wet/dry vacuum.
- If any finish remains on the baseboards, reapply stripper to touch up. Pick up remaining solution with a mop or a wet/dry vacuum.
- Allow floor to dry.
- Recoat the floor.
Directions for Finishing:
- Using a rayon mop, apply Unitex Brilliant Metallic Acrylic Finish undiluted to floor.
- Let floor dry to touch
- Apply up to 3-4 coats of finish.
- Let floor dry completely overnight before allowing foot traffic.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.