Foster® Full Defense™ 40‑25 Fungicidal Protective Coating (5 GL)
- Coverage: 300 sq ft per gallon
- Goes on white, dries white
- EPA-registered (EPA Reg No: 63836-2)
- 10 year warranty
- Complies with the requirements for LEED® EQ Credit 4.2
Foster Full Defense 40-25 is an EPA registered coating that kills residual mold and mildew and protects surfaces from mold re-growth.
Its high coverage, breathable coating is designed to provide long term fungicidal protection in residential and commercial mold remediation projects.
Full Defense's low viscosity, high solids formulation allows for easy application and provides excellent coverage (up to 300 square feet per gallon) and hiding properties.
Foster 40-25 is a low odor, quick setting water-based coating specifically formulated for long-term fungicidal activity. It will inhibit the growth and spread of odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew on its surface in residential, institutional and industrial buildings.
Full Defense provides a cost effective decorative finish. It can be used on walls, ceilings, pipes, wall cavities, crawl spaces, attics, basements, and wherever effective mold controls are essential. It is specifically designed for field application to painted and un-painted wood, metal, masonry and concrete block, and other building materials.
Foster Full Defense 40-25 meets requirements for LEED® EQ Credit 4.2, low-emitting materials: paints and coatings. VOC: 40 g/l, less water, and exempt solvents
WARNING: Do Not Freeze or Dilute
- Always ensure adequate ventilation. The area should be under negative air pressure during and after application to allow for exhausting of odors.
- Apply Full Defense to all surfaces by brush or airless spray at the required rate. Brushing will require two coats applied at 90º to each other.
- Under normal circumstances a spray application can be completed in one coat, but for extremely porous or irregular surfaces, a second coat may be required. Full Defense has been designed with an average viscosity range of between 4,000 and 6,000 cps enabling application by virtually any type of airless spray equipment. Use 0.015” to 0.025” spray tips depending on the pump specifications and the desired application rate. Ensure that the finished surface is smooth and well sealed.
Note: Continue to circulate fresh dry air throughout the area during the application and for as long after the application as is possible. Circulated air should be exhausted outside the building. If air must be exhausted inside the building, filtration through a charcoal medium is suggested. This circulation and filtration helps to reduce the dry time of the coating and reduce latex type odors that could possibly migrate from the application area. Be sure exhausted air is odorless before venting into occupied spaces.
|Max Coverage Per Gallon||300|
|Approved Use||HVAC System, Mold Remediation|