Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT) ‑ How to Strip, Refinish (Wax), and Maintain Seminar
This one-day, ALL HANDS-ON seminar will teach you how to successfully strip and refinish (wax) any floor coated with floor finish, such as VCT (vinyl composite title), sheet vinyl, terrazzo, slate, and concrete! You’ll explore different stripping techniques as well as tips for properly applying floor finish for results that WOW your customer!
Although the focus of this class will be on how to strip floors coated with floor finish (wax), your instructor will also cover the daily, routine, and periodic procedures required to maintain these surfaces, such as buffing and burnishing.
And to help you maximize your new knowledge for your business, proven techniques for marketing and pricing strategies are also part of the curriculum!
What You'll Learn:
- How to identify the different floor coverings that require stripping and finishing (waxing).
- How to identify if a floor has floor finish on it and how much.
- Manufacturer and industry recommended procedures for newly installed floors.
- Different methods of removing floor finish to include wet chemical stripping and dry abrasive removal methods, often referred to as “dry stripping”.
- Wet (chemical) scrubbing and dry (no chemical) scrubbing to remove the top worn layers of floor finish and re-coat with fresh floor finish. Often referred to as “a scrub and recoat,” “top scrub and recoat,” or a “shower scrub and recoat”.
- How to properly apply floor finish with a rayon string mop or a microfiber flat mop using a variety of different application tools, methods and systems.
- Different types of floor finishes and how and when to apply them.
Who Should Attend?
This course is highly recommended for any professional who provides hard floor care services. These floors are found in homes and businesses across the country, making this a very high-demand service.
- Building service contractors
- Janitorial companies
- New- or post-construction cleaning companies
- Carpet cleaners
- Natural stone care professionals (some natural stone floors require floor finish!
4-DAY PROFESSIONAL HARD FLOOR CARE TRAINING – BUNDLE PACKAGE!
Four days. Three classes. Save on training for you or your team by registering for our most popular floor care classes in one affordable package! From natural stone, ceramic, and other manmade floors to Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT) and Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT), you’ll learn daily, periodic, and restorative procedures that will allow you to take on any floor care job with complete confidence!
Safety Protocols For In-Person Seminars
To ensure the safety of students, staff, and instructors, Jon-Don will continue to follow guidance from the CDC and local health departments. Click here to read more about safety protocols for in-person seminars.
NEED ONLINE TRAINING?
VIEW THE FULL COURSE LIST AT LEARN.JONDON.COM