Unitex® Trash Liners, High Density
- High-quality, high-density bags
- Ideal for use in food service environments
- Ideal for containing trash with liquids
- Folded for convenient dispensing
- Star seal provides extra capacity
High-density liners are ideal for disposing of refuse with no sharp objects or protruding edges. Food service environments and other areas with food-based refuse or trash with liquids should use high-density liners.
How to Choose the Right Size Liner
A quick and easy way to save money is to simply make sure you’re using the right sized liner for your trash cans. Take a look at your trash cans right now: is there a lot of extra plastic hanging over the rim? If there is, you’re wasting money on all that unused plastic.
Here's a handy guide for choosing the right sized liner for your cans. (Note: This is just a general guide. Odd-shaped containers may require a larger or longer bag. If you’re unsure as to what size liner you need, contact a Jon-Don representative for assistance at 800-556-6366.)
Step 1: Using a flexible tape measure, measure the circumference of your container at the top.
Step 2: Measure the height of your container.
Step 3: Add the numbers together and match them to the guide below to find the right size liner for your can.
- Up to 65 inches – 8-10 gallons
- 65-73 inches – 12-16 gallons
- 73-86 inches – 20-30 gallons
- 86-96 inches – 33 gallons
- 96-101 inches – 40-45 gallons
- 101-108 inches – 55-60 gallons
What trash bag gauge is right for you?
Too thick wastes money, too thin increases messes from ripped bags and promotes unnecessary double bagging.
- Gauge: Term used to describe a liner's thickness. Low-density liners are measured in mils. High-density liners are usually measured in microns. Low-density liners are thicker than high-density liners.
- Mil: Based on thousands of an inch (0.000). Low-density liners are best used for carrying large loads or for carrying loads with sharp objects.
- .35 - .45 - Light Duty
- .70 - .95 - Medium Duty
- 1.10 - 1.50 - Heavy Duty
- 1.70 - 2.0 - Extra Heavy Duty
- Micron: Based on one hundred thousand thousandths of an inch (0.000000). Common high-density liner thickness range between 6 and 22 microns. High density liners are ideal for food service or for disposal of trash with liquids.
The star seal is the most common type of seal on the market. Designed without gussets, the star seal eliminates gaps along the seal where leaks can occur. This allows the bag to more easily conform to the shape of the container and distributes refuse weight evenly inside the bag. Star seal liners maximize the bag’s carrying capacity and virtually eliminate leaks.
|Category||High Density Liners, Liners|