Tramex PTM 2.0 Professional Pin‑Type Moisture Meter
- Free Shipping
- Pin-type measurements
- Reads wood moisture content from 6%-46%
- Built-in calibration for 500+ wood species
- Hold function
Precise Moisture Measurements in Wood, Wood By-Products, and Other Building Materials
The Professional PTM 2.0 is a digital penetrating (pin-type) moisture meter that takes precise measurements in wood. This meter has built-in standard calibrations, specific calibrations for over 500 wood species, and adjustable temperature correction.
The Professional PTM 2.0 also provides relative drywall readings and comparative WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent) readings in wood by-products and other building materials.
How It Works:
The Professional PTM 2.0 moisture meter works on the principle of DC resistance. When the electrode pins are pressed or driven into the wood, the electrical resistance between the electrodes is measured.
If the wood is dry, the resistance is high. If moisture is present, the electrical resistance between the pins changes. The higher the moisture content the greater the reduction in resistance.
The level of resistance is accurately measured by the instrument, which translates it into a moisture value. This is a percentage of dry weight moisture content for wood; comparative drywall reading values; and a WME (Wood Moisture Equivalent reference) value for many other building materials.
This meter is ideal for use in all applications where wood materials are being used, such as construction, flooring installation, water damage restoration, and processing, including milling, machining, gluing, laminating, spraying and hand painting.
Knowing accurate moisture levels enables efficient processing and installation to reduce the risk of shrinking, distortion, or swelling.
- Built-in calibration for 500+ wood species or standard calibration selection.
- Wide moisture content range: 6–46% and digital readout to 0.1% accuracy
- Adjustable temperature correction
- Built-in calibrations checks for confirmed accuracy
- Reading ‘Hold’ facility
- Save up to 100 readings for max, min, average and standard deviation statistics
- Color LCD screen with brightness adjustment for low-light operation
- Heavy-duty, light-weight aluminum construction
- Built-in pins and optional external handheld and hammer probes available
|Pin Mode Wood Scale Range||6% to 46% Moisture Content|
|Pin Mode Reference Scale Range||0% to 100 % WME|
|Category||Moisture Meters, Penetrating|
|Warranty Information||1 year|
|Manufacturer Model Number||PTM2.0|