SCHÖNOX EPA RAPID, 2.4 Gallon Kit
- Solvent-free, 100% solids epoxy
- Ideal for use on damp concrete
- For interior and exterior use
- Dries in just 2–3 hours
- Covers approximately 300 sq ft per unit
- Must order 1 Part A and 1 Part B for full 2.4 Gallon kit
Don’t Let Damp Concrete Ruin Your Project—
Penetrate and Seal the Substrate with Just One Coat!
Problem Solver on Damp Concrete
SCHÖNOX EPA RAPID is a two-part, epoxy-based moisture mitigation system. It is designed to be a problem solver for damp concrete (after the concrete is visually dry). It will reduce moisture vapor emission rates from 100% RH (or 25 lbs/1,000 sq ft/24 hours) to suitable levels before applying SCHÖNOX underlayments.
This solvent-free, 100% solids epoxy has a low viscosity, so it penetrates deep into the substrate. It is waterproof, resistant to chemical loadings, can be used on both interior and exterior surfaces.
Easy to Apply, Dries Fast
When properly applied, SCHÖNOX EPA RAPID will penetrate and fully seal the substrate with a single coat. Treated floors are ready for leveling (after back roll) in as little as 2–3 hours (at 65°F floor temperature).
SCHÖNOX EPA RAPID may be used as a migration barrier over abated concrete slabs prior to installing SCHÖNOX underlayments. It can also be used as a primer to solidify substrates, such as wood, gypsum-based substrates, or adhesive residues.
SCHÖNOX EPA RAPID may be used to mix a heavy duty, rapid drying epoxy-based repair mortar to fill breakouts or create ramps in heavy-duty areas.
Meets and Exceeds Industry Requirements
SCHÖNOX EPA RAPID meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM F3010-13. It also complies to SCAQMD 1113.
- Coverage Rate: Approximately 300 sq ft per unit (Note: The finished application must cover the substrate completely without any voids or pinholes to ensure moisture vapor suppression)
- Ready for Leveling (after back roll): After approximately 2–3 hours at 65°F floor temperature
- LEED: EQc2 Low-Emitting Materials – 1 to 3 points
- Working Time: Approximately 10 minutes at 65°F
- Working Temperature: Not below 50°F floor temperature (recommended: > 65°F, relative humidity 74%)
- Shelf Life: 24 months, unopened
- Storage Temperature: not below 41°F
- Color: Transparent Amber
- Density: 1.1 kg/l (mixed material)
- Permeance (ASTM): ≤ 0.1 perm
*All values are approximate at 65 °F floor temperature, are subject to local climatic fluctuations and vary according to the absorbency of the substrate and to the applicator device. Lower temperatures will lengthen the working and curing time, higher temperatures may shorten it significantly. Do not install underlayment or topping before the substrate has dried thoroughly.
|Category||Concrete Protector, Epoxy and Polymer Flooring Resin|