SCHӦ‑NOX® ZM RAPID, Rapid‑Setting Self‑leveling Compound
- EMICODE EC 1PLUS R: very low emission
- For interior use only
- Compressive Strength: 7,550 PSI
- Coverage: 60–70 sq ft per unit at a thickness of 1/8"
SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID is a rapid-setting, self-leveling compound suitable for use on cement- and gypsum-based substrates. It is designed for leveling of interior floors under tight time tables/schedules. Many types of floor coverings can be installed after just 1.5 hours. SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID can be installed up to 1”.
SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID produces surfaces with high hardness and strength. Users can layer thicknesses above 1/16“ up to 1/2“ without aggregates or layer thicknesses up to 1“ with aggregates.
SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID is suitable for filling, smoothing, and leveling of substrates under:
- Flexible coverings
- Ceramic tiles
- Wood floor and coatings, layer thickness at least 1/8” (drying time at least 12 hours)
- Underfloor heating systems
This pumpable compound exceeds minimum Ff/Fl requirements of ASTM and ACI when installed in accordance with the guidelines.
SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID is rated EMICODE® EC 1PLUS R for very low emissions. It is suitable for castor wheel loadings above 1/16“ according to DIN EN 12529. It is also suitable for forklift truck traffic above 1/8”.
SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID is suitable on:
- Concrete, cement substrates
- Rapid-drying cement screed systems
- Old substrates, such as ceramic tiles
- Old, water-resistant adhesive residues
- Gypsum substrates
- OSB board, plywood (well screwed or bonded) prior to installing flexible coverings
- Pot Life: Approx. 25 minutes
- Ready for Foot Traffic: Approx. 1–1.5 hours
- Ready for Covering:
- Approx. 1.5–2 hours up to 1/2" thickness prior to installing carpet, vinyl, linoleum, and ceramic tiles
- Approx.. 12 hours prior to installing wood floor, cork, or rubber
- Working Temperature: Not below 41°F
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD): EPD-DIV-2013311-EN
- LEED—May help contribute to LEED certification of projects in the following categories:
- EQc2: Low-Emitting Materials – 1 to 3 points
- MR Credit 1.1: Building Reuse-Maintain – Existing Walls, Floors and Roof – up to 3 points
- MR Credit 1.2: Building Reuse-Maintain – Existing Interior Nonstructural Elements – 1 point
- VOC Content: 0g/l (calculated), SCAQMD 1113
- Shelf Life: 12 months, unopened
- Approx. 60–70 sq ft per unit at a thickness of 1/8” (depending on substrate conditions and aggregate used)
- Compressive Strength (ASTM C109):
- 7,550 PSI / 50 N/mm² / 600 kg/cm2 after 28 days
- 5,000 PSI / 30 N/mm2 / 400 kg/cm2 after 1 day
- Flexural Strength (ASTM C348): Approx. 1,550 PSI / 10 N/mm² after 28 days
- Tensile Strength (ASTM C1583) at 1/8”: Above 400 PSI / 2.5 N/mm2 after 3 days
- Initial Set (ASTM C191): Approx. 35 minutes
- Final Set (ASTM C191): Approx. 45 minutes
- Cured Density: 121 lbs/ft3
- UL-classified in accordance with ASTM E84 (ANSI/UL 723): Flame Spread 0; Smoke Development 0
* All values are approximate, are subject to local climatic fluctuations based upon conditions at 70°F with atmosphere of less than 65% relative humidity following the recommended mixing ratio. Do not install underlayment or topping before the substrate has dried thoroughly.
Mix each 25kg / 55lb. bag with 5.8 liters / 6.1 quarts of water.
*If SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID is extended with dry, clean aggregate (aggregate is added last) at a layer thickness of 1/2“–1“, type and amount of aggregate used will affect product performance. As qualities of locally available aggregates vary, we recommend performing tests prior to use on a larger scale. Do not overwater! Foam while mixing, or settling of the sand aggregate while placing, indicates overwatering.
Recommended Working Method:
- Using a clean mixing drum, add SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID to cold, clean water to form a homogeneous mixture. Mix thoroughly for approx. 3 minutes using a heavy-duty drill (min. 600 RPM) is recommended to obtain a lump-free mix.
- Pour the mix and spread using a smoothing trowel. Even surfaces are easily achieved using a pin leveler. In higher thicknesses using a spike roller is recommended. Contact to vertical structures should be avoided by putting in an edge strip.
- If a second layer of leveling compound is to be applied, prime the first layer with SCHÖNOX VD (diluted 1:1 with water) after drying. The maximum layer thickness must not be exceeded in case of two-layer applications. The second layer must not exceed the layer thickness of the first layer.
- Protect curing SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID layers from high ambient temperatures, direct sunlight, and draughts.
- Clean tools in water immediately