SCHÖNOX® VD Universal Acrylic Primer
- EMICODE® EC 1PLUS: very low emission
- For interior and exterior use
- pH: 8.0
- Excellent penetration
- High coverage rates
SCHÖNOX VD is a universal acrylic primer designed for use prior to applying SCHÖNOX underlayments on porous and non-porous substrates. It is suitable for pre-treating walls and floors following the recommended dilution rates.
SCHÖNOX VD is easily diluted with water and can be used on both interior and exterior walls and floors.
SCHÖNOX VD offers excellent penetration and high coverage rates. It can be applied to almost all substrates via roller or sprayer, including floor heating systems.
SCHÖNOX VD is designed to improve bond and bind residual dust.
This solvent-free, low-odor primer is rated EMICODE® EC 1PLUS for very low emissions.
- Basis: Acrylic dispersion
- Color: Light blue
- Density: 1.0 kg/l
- Storage temperature: Not below 41°F
- Working and substrate temperature: Not below 41°F
- Shelf Life: 1 year, unopened *Material that has been mixed with water should be used within 1 week
- LEED: EQc2 Low-Emitting Materials, 1 to 3 points
- VOC Content: 0g/l (calculated), SCAQMD 1113
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD): Declaration number: EPD-DIV-20140063-IBG1-EN
- Undiluted: Approx 1,300 sq ft per unit*
- Diluted 1:1: Approx 1,500 sq ft per unit*
- Diluted 1:3: Approx 2,000 sq ft per unit*
- *Depending on absorbency of substrate
- Waiting Time:
- Approx. 10 minutes on concrete, cement-based substrates
- Approx. 10 min prior to use SCHÖNOX AP or APF on gypsum-based substrates
- Approx. 30 min. on low and non-porous substrates
- Approx. 2 hours on wood, OSB, and particle board
- Approx. 16 hours prior to use cement-based products, such as underlayments or thin-sets, on gypsum substrates
*All values are approximate at 65 °F floor temperature, are subject to local climatic fluctuations and vary according to the absorbency of the substrate and to the applicator device. Lower temperatures will lengthen the working and curing time, higher temperatures may shorten it significantly. Do not install underlayment or topping before the substrate has dried thoroughly.
- On porous substrates, such as cement-based substrates and concrete, apply SCHÖNOX VD diluted 1:3 with water.
- On non-porous, smooth, sound substrates, such as ceramic tiles, old water-resistant adhesive residues removed as far as possible, particle board, and OSB board, apply SCHÖNOX VD undiluted (alternatively use SCHÖNOX SHP).
- On gypsum-based substrates, apply SCHÖNOX VD diluted 1:1 with water (alternatively use SCHÖNOX KH FIX).
Recommended Method of Working:
- SCHÖNOX VD is stirred or shaken before use.
- Apply SCHÖNOX VD avoiding puddles using a suitable tool such as a 3/8“ nap roller, paintbrush, or brush.
- SCHÖNOX VD can be sprayed (mixing ratio 1:1 or more).
- A second application is recommended on strong absorbent substrates.
- Clean tools in water immediately after use.