Prochem Olefin Pre Clean
- Formulated exclusively for olefin surfaces
- Effectively removes oily soils
- pH: 10.0–10.7
- Not safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Dilute 4–6 ounces per gallon of water
Prochem Olefin Pre Clean is a powerful cleaner that breaks the bond between oily soils and olefin fibers, lifting the soils away for a deeper clean.
Olefin Pre Clean prevents yellowing and even removes filtration soils from carpet edges. This product is extremely economical and contains no harsh, strong-smelling solvents. It's a great choice for hospitals, nursing homes, schools, offices, and residences.
For best results during general, extract using Prochem All Fiber Rinse and hot water. For extreme yellowing and heavy soiling, add 2 oz of Prochem Oxy Plus to boost Olefin Pre Clean's soil-busting power.
Freeze thaw stable.
- 4 oz per gallon for light soil
- 6 oz per gallon for heavy soil
- 1.5 to 2.5 qt in Hydro-Force sprayers
Olefin is an oil-loving fiber made from synthetic polypropylene. It is an inexpensive synthetic and is commonly found in commercial settings. Olefin does have some popularity due to its ability to resist staining. It is solution dyed, meaning the dye is consistent throughout the fiber, so there are no dye sites for other dyes to attack. For this reason, it cannot be dyed on-location. It is susceptible to heat and will melt in the presence of high heat. Also, due to its oil-loving properties, it attracts oil, which can "yellow out" the fiber. This yellowing is difficult, if not impossible, to remove. Olefin is lighter than water, so the chemical test to see if a fiber is olefin is to put the fiber in a glass of water and see if it floats.
Recommended Basic Method:
- Vacuum the entire carpeted area.
- Using a pump-up sprayer, apply Prochem Olefin Pre-Conditioner diluted per instructions above according to level of soiling.
- Using an extraction machine, extract with Prochem All Fiber Rinse diluted at 4-6 oz per gallon of hot water.
|Chemical Type||Water Based|
|Cleaning Method||Hot Water Extraction|
|Category||Carpet Pre-Sprays (TLC)|