General Tools MMD5NP Pinless LCD Moisture Meter
- Non-invasive—measures up to 3/4" deep
- Wood/building material selection
- Gives readings as Percent REL
- Jumbo LCD display
- Auto power off
Non-Invasive Moisture Detection on Wood and Other Building Materials
The MMD5NP is a non-invasive moisture meter that makes it easy to locate moisture, trace water damage, and measure the relative moisture content of wood. This meter detects moisture up to 3/4" below the surface without damaging the surface being tested.
The MMD5NP provides moisture measurement as a Percent REL (relative). Relative readings let you quickly compare moisture levels of materials or of different areas of one material. Users can easily select between two modes (Wood 0–99% and Building Materials 0–56.6%) using the intuitive interface.
Readings are displayed on a jumbo brightly lit LCD screen with intuitive on-screen icons for low, medium, and high moisture levels. An audible alert sounds when peak readings are reached, making it easy for the user to determine moisture levels quickly.
The MMD5NP has a convenient HOLD feature that allows you to take and hold readings in areas where the meter face may not be easily visible, such as behind machinery, obstacles, and within wall cavities.
The MMD5NP is ideal for use in woodworking, lumber selection, water damage tracing, home renovation and repair, and building construction.
To conserve battery life, the MMD5NP will automatically power off after 3–4 minutes of inactivity with 0% reading.
The MMD5NP comes with a 9V battery and a 1-year limited warranty.
- Measurement ranges: 0 to 99.9% for wood; 0 to 56.5% for building materials
- Measurement accuracy/resolution: ±3%/0.1%
- Maximum measurement depth: 3/4 in (19mm)
- Display type and size: 99.9 count LCD with 0.4 in (10mm) high digits
- Auto power off: After 3 to 4 minutes with 0% reading
- Operating temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) @ <80% RH
- Power source: "9V" battery (included)
- 5.75 x 2.6 x 0.75 in (146 x 66 x 19 mm)
|Prop 65 Text||This product can expose you to chemicals including di2-ethylhexylphthalate (DEHP) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.|
|Warranty Information||1-year limited warranty|
|Manufacturer Model Number||MMD5NP|
|Pinless Depth Range||3/4"|