Matrix® Urine Pre‑Conditioner
- Breaks up urine deposits for fast removal
- Multi-surface use
- pH: 0.5–1.0
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Dilute 8–24 ounces per gallon of water
Break up and liquefy tough urine deposits for fast and complete removal!
As urine ages in the carpet, it changes from an acid to an alkaline material and leaves ammonium salts behind.
These salts are insoluble, so your usual pre-sprays and traffic lane cleaners won’t be able to remove them.
That’s when you need the power of Matrix Urine Pre-Conditioner to break up and liquefy urine deposits for fast decontamination.
This incredibly effective product suspends urine salts so they can be completely flushed away.
For best results, follow up with Matrix Bottom Line Odor Eliminator.
Matrix Urine Pre-Conditioner is safe for use on the following wet-cleanable surfaces:
• Stain-resistant carpet
Urine Odor Removal from Carpet:
Urine is a difficult odor to remove. A general rule is if over 20% of the carpet has been saturated, it is too costly to try to deodorize. Urine is detected more in the humid months due to moisture getting trapped in the salt crystals of the urine and emanating an ammonia odor.
Female dogs and cats have higher levels of nitrogen in their urine. Females will usually choose areas of high traffic and away from walls. The higher nitrogen attacks the dyes in the carpet, usually leaving a lighter stain on the carpet. Some urine stains are not noticed until after the carpet is cleaned. If there is a true stain, this can only be corrected by dying the carpet. Stains are permanent otherwise.
Male animals will mark vertical territories and furniture. Keep in mind that urine on walls can spread to baseboards, moldings, and other material. Urine is acidic, but once it is dried, it leaves a salt alkaline residue.
Recommended Basic Method:
- Locate all affected areas. Use a black light to inspect and locate areas of urine.
- Remove as much of the source as possible. Rinse the area free of residue. Urine turns to alkaline after it is dry, so most standard pre-sprays and cleaning chemicals will be ineffective in removing the source of the urine. If the carpet is very soiled, it should be cleaned first.
- Dilute 8-24 oz of Matrix Urine Pre-Conditioner per gallon of water. Saturate area and allow 15-20 minutes of dwell time.
- Rinse area thoroughly using hot water extraction.
- Recreate the urine penetration with Matrix Bottom Line Odor Eliminator (used straight or diluted 43 oz per gallon of water). It can be applied as a topical spray or injected into the carpet and padding. A black light will help to gauge where to apply the treatment. For best results, overlap the affected areas by as much as 30-50%.
- Seal the area whenever possible. In some cases, the urine damage is so bad that the removal of the padding and cleaning of the carpet on both sides is necessary. Sealing the sub-floor is needed in this case. If the floor is wood, sand area and seal with Pro's Choice Odor Barrier. If the floor is concrete, treat the area with Betco Stix 20% Restroom Cleaner at full strength. This will etch the concrete and remove the salt residue. Then rinse and let dry. Seal with Pro's Choice Odor Barrier.
|Category||Pet Odor Chemicals, Shaw Approved|
|Approved Use||Stain Resistant Carpet|
|Chemical Type||Water Based|