Metzger/McGuire Spal‑Pro RS 88 Polyurea, Agreeable Gray, 600 mL
- Rapid setting, 100% solids
- Hardness of Shore A86-90
- Fills and protects joints in trafficked industrial and retail concrete floors
- Other colors available
Spal-Pro RS 88 is a 100% solids, two component heavy duty, semi-rigid polyurea joint filler intended for use in filling and protecting contraction and construction joints in industrial, retail or commercial concrete floors.
Spal-Pro RS 88 is a rapid setting polyurea polymer liquid of 100% solids content. When cured, Spal-Pro RS 88 is a rubberlike solid with a hardness of Shore A86-90.
Basic Use: Spal-Pro RS 88 was developed to fill and protect joints in trafficked industrial and retail concrete floors. Its primary function is to support such traffic and protect joint edges. Spal-Pro RS 88 is intended for use where final temperatures are from 32˚F (0˚C) to +120˚F (49˚C).
Other Uses: Spal-Pro RS 88 is also ideal for filling random cracks in industrial floors.
- Spal-Pro RS 88 is not recommended for use under VCT or other non-breathing flooring systems.
- Spal-Pro RS 88 is designed for interior use and may not be suitable for outdoor applications due to thermal movement.
- Spal-Pro RS 88 may exhibit bubbling and/or compromised adhesion if concrete or ambient moisture levels are excessive.
- Spal-Pro RS 88 is Rated “Heavy Duty” Unlike softer polyureas, RS 88’s higher shore hardness provides greater edge protection and support.
- Spal-Pro RS 88 is “Rapid-Setting” At 70˚F (21˚C) it can be opened to full traffic in as little as (60) minutes and light traffic in (30) minutes.
- Spal-Pro RS 88 is Colorfast RS 88 maintains a consistent color profile and resists fading and other discoloration under normal conditions.
- Spal-Pro RS 88 is Non-Staining In normal slab surface conditions, RS 88 does not exhibit residual concrete staining often associated with semi-rigid fillers.
- Spal-Pro RS 88 is Ideal for Use in Stained/Polished Floors RS 88 can be used to fill joints and cracks in polished concrete floors and will not smudge or smear during grinding/polishing.
This product is for industrial use only. Use only in well ventilated areas. Practice all normal jobsite safety precautions (clear work area, etc). Refer to MSDS and installation instructions for more information.
Spal-Pro RS 88 must be dispensed with dual-feed power dispensing equipment, or with pre-filled, dual-dispense cartridge kits. Manual dispensing is impractical due to short working life (1-2 minute gel time). Power dispensing systems should be set to a 1:1 ratio by volume. If installing in cooler temperatures, material should be maintained at a minimum temperature of 75˚ F (24˚C) for best results. We recommend the use of a 1/2” diameter (ID) static mixer with 30 or 32 elements or more for material dispensing and proper mix. We strongly recommend performing periodic ratio checks on power dispense units to ensure proper cure.
Material provided in pails should be thoroughly mixed to redistribute any settlement that may have occurred during shipping or storage. Cartridges should be shaken aggressively to accomplish same.
Pump tanks, lines and dispensing manifold should be clean and free of any residual materials remaining from previous filler installations.
Joints can be filled in one or two passes, depending upon joint depth and dispensing tip used. Preferred method is to fill from bottom to top using a dispensing tip that fits into the joint. Take care not to entrap air bubbles. Slightly overfill the joint, leaving a crowned profile, and allow to cure.
The crown may be easily razored off as early as 15 minutes after placement, depending upon temperature. We recommend testing various shave times to find the optimal shave which results in a filler profile that is flush with the floor’s surface and free of any film from material overfill. If shave time is substantially delayed or if temperatures are low, RS 88 shaving process may be more labored. Should filler cure below the floor surface (due to settlement into the void at base of joint, etc.), remove top 1/2” of filler and re-apply RS 88. Grinding/polishing operations should be deferred for one hour or more after placement. (If using Fast Pack addition, 25-30 minutes or more).
|Prop 65 Text||This product can expose you to chemicals including titanium dioxide and carbon black which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.|
|Category||Joint and Crack Repair|
|Manufacturer Model Number||MMRS88C-600-CC-12|