StoneTech® Heavy Duty Coating Stripper
- Removes tough coatings, lacquers, and varnishes
- Epoxy grout haze remover
- pH: 11.5
- For use on natural stone
- Ready to use
Heavy Duty Coating Stripper is a professional-strength, water-based formula designed to remove sealer, wax, varnish, epoxy, polyurethane, and acrylic from natural stone and masonry. It cuts through tough coatings, lacquers, varnishes, and epoxy grout haze with ease. This non-flammable, low-odor product is easy to use.
Suitable for all natural stone surfaces, including slate, marble, and saltillo. Not intended for use on surfaces other than stone and masonry.
- 80–200 sq ft per gallon, depending on thickness of the application or the amount of coating to be removed.
Suitable for all natural stone surfaces including slate, marble, and saltillo. Not intended for use on surfaces other than stone & masonry.
Read entire label before using. Use only as directed. Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Be sure all surfaces to be cleaned are swept or vacuumed to remove loose debris. Ensure work area is well-ventilated during application and until surface is dry. Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes. Avoid contact with surfaces not intended to be treated. Product can cause plastics (e.g., PET) to haze, and can dull linoleum surfaces. Avoid applying in direct sunlight. Should not be used in extreme temperatures. Recommended application temperature range is 50°F to 90°F.
- SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING. Do not dilute before applying.
- Wear rubber gloves and eye protection during handling and application to prevent skin and eye contact.
- Liberally apply an even coat over the required area with a paint brush, mop or paint pad. DO NOT APPLY PRODUCT WITH A SPRAYER. Apply a second coat 10 minutes after the first coat to even out the thickness of the application. Immediately remove product from unintended surfaces with a wet cloth to prevent potential damage to those surfaces.
- Application times will vary depending on type of coating being removed. The following are approximate application times:
- Sealer, Wax, and Varnish: 30 to 60 minutes
- Epoxy: 1 to 2 hours
- Polyurethane and Acrylic: 1 to 2 hours
- Do not let Heavy Duty Coating Stripper dry on the surface. If product starts to dry, add water to keep surface wet.
- Agitate surface with a nylon scrub brush or pad after testing a small area first to make sure that brush or pad will not scratch stone. Surface can be wet with water to enable easier removal of coating.
- Wipe up residual coating with clean, dry cloths.
- Rinse surface well with clean water.
- More then one application may be required; repeat steps 3 through 8 when necessary.
- Surface traffic may begin 2 hours after removal of coating.
|Material||Marble, Masonry, Slate, Stone|
|Category||Stone Care, Strippers|