The Air-O-Cell is a unique sampling cassette specifically designed for the rapid collection and quantitative analysis of a wide range of airborne aerosols. It collects both viable and non-viable particulate.
The Air-O-Cell® operates upon the principle of inertial impaction. Particulate-laden air is accelerated as it is drawn through the cassette's tapered inlet slit and directed towards a small slide containing the collection media where the particles become impacted and the air flow continues out the exit orifice. The adhesive nature of the collection media prevents the collected particulate from blurring or being washed off during the laboratory staining process and eliminates sample loss from vibration during handling and shipment.
After sampling is completed, the cassettes are sent to a laboratory where the slides are removed and direct microscopic analysis can be immediately performed. The collection media is compatible with a wide range of biological stains and refractive index oils, allowing direct quantitative analysis of organic and inorganic particulate.
The Air-O-Cell® can be used with any standard off-the-shelf area sampling pump capable of drawing 15 LPM open flow. The small compact size makes Air-O-Cell® suitable for use in confined or restrictive spaces.
With its proprietary engineered design, ease of use, and compatibility with typical everyday area sampling pumps, it's easy to see how the Air-O-Cell® cassette is setting the new standard in IAQ sampling and analysis.
Suggested & potential applications include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Indoor Air Quality: Mold spores, pollen, insect parts, dust mites, skin cell fragments, plant fragments, dust, fibers, combustion emissions, etc.
• Home Inspection: Mold Contamination before or after real estate transactions
• Flood Restoration: Evaluation of mold spore contamination before, during, and after remediation
• Allergy Testing: Mold spores, pollen, insect parts, dust mites
• Clean Room Monitoring: Evaluation of low airborne dust and contaminants from personnel (skin cells, clothing fibers, cosmetics, etc.)
• Fiber Analysis: Asbestos, fiberglass, cellulose, ceramics, etc.
• Stack Emissions: Fly ash, inorganic dust, etc.
• Provides excellent detection limits over conventional filter sampling utilizing 25mm or 37mm diameter filter cassettes.
• Eliminates sample loss to cassette walls known to occur with filter samples from vibration or static charge during sampling and shipment.
• Eliminates the need for direct handling or preparation of collection media or microscope slides in the field.
• Eliminates potential cross-contamination between samples and during shipping that may occur with other devices.
• Unique optically transparent and smooth collection media allows direct staining and examination by bright field, dark field and phase contrast microscopy!
• The sampling media is compatible with a wide range of biological stains and refractive index oils allowing for direct quantitative analysis of biological and inorganic particles.
• The Air-O-Cell will work with virtually any kind of sampling pump capable of pulling a 15LPM (vacuum) air flow.
|Manufacturer Model Number||98|