SENTINEL SC‑170 Low Odor Mastic Remover (5 GL)
- Coverage rate of 80–150 sq ft per gallon
- Removes black mastic
- Contains less than 5% VOC content by weight
- Meets requirements of California Air Resource Board (CARB) and Ozone Transport Commission
SENTINEL SC-170 Low Odor Mastic Remover is an economically priced, low odor mastic remover made specifically for the removal of black mastic commonly found under 9” and 12” vinyl floor tile.
Expect coverage rates of 100–200 sq ft per gallon.
- Physical state: Liquid
- Appearance: Clear
- Color: None to amber
- Odor: Mild solvent odor
- pH: Not Applicable
- Boiling Point: 363–381°F
- Flash Point: >170°F
- Vapor Pressure: Negligible
- VOC Content: <50g/l*
* When determining VOC content in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Ozone Transport Commission (OTC), effective 01-01-2009
Always follow product label instructions for best results.
Before beginning work, be sure to protect all walls, flooring, carpeting cracks, or wood with an absorbent (rags, kitty litter, sawdust) to keep liquefied mastic contained. This will ensure easier cleanup and reduce potential problems with the installation of new flooring.
- Wet the entire adhesive surface with SC-170. This may be done by spraying or mopping SC-170 over the surface of the mastic. Allow SC-170 to soak and penetrate into the mastic for 15–20 minutes.
- Scrape or squeegee the bulk of the softened or liquefied mastic from the surface with a floor scraper (razor scraper) or floor squeegee.
- Reapply SC-170 as in step one. Agitate with a short-bristled broom, hand-held or rotating floor scrubber with stripper pads to fully lift and liquefy adhesive residue from the subfloor. The liquid may then removed with absorbent.
- Wash and rinse the floor thoroughly with Sentinel 805 and water to ensure a clean surface. Allow to dry a minimum of 24 hours before installing new flooring.
|Approved Use||Mastic Removal|
|Manufacturer Model Number||SC170/05|