3M™ 6003 Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge
- Organic vapor and acid gas relief
- Does not protect against particulates
- For use with 3M 5000, 6000, 7000 and 7500 series masks
The 3M™ Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge 6003 helps provide respiratory protection against certain organic vapors or acid gases. Use with 3M™ Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series with bayonet filter holders.
- Organic vapor or acid gas cartridge
- Swept-back design for enhanced field of view and balance
- Use with 3M™ Reusable Respirators
This organic vapor/acid gas cartridge can be used for a variety of applications, including: pharmaceutical, petrochemical, utilities, aluminum reduction, chemical manufacturing, laboratories, and pulp and paper. Swept-back design offers enhanced comfort and visibility.
- When properly used with an approved 3M respirator properly fitted, this respirator cartridge helps provide respiratory protection from certain organic vapors, chlorine, hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, chlorine dioxide, hydrogen sulfide or hydrogen fluoride.
- For use in concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepiece and full facepiece respirators when qualitatively fit-tested, or up to 50 times PEL with full facepiece respirators when quantitatively fit-tested.
- Not for use in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH). Review full user instructions for details on proper respirator use and NIOSH approvals.
Before using these filters, you must determine the following:
- The type of contaminant(s) for which the respirator is being selected.
- The concentration level of contaminant(s).
- Whether the respirator can be properly fitted on the wearer’s face. (e.g., Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the face seal of the respirator.)
- Before use of these respirators, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented, meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, including training, medical evaluation, and fit testing.
- These cartridges do not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not alter, abuse, or misuse these cartridges and/or respirator.
- Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the faceseal of the respirator.
Time Use Limitations:
Replace cartridge in accordance with an established change schedule or earlier if smell, taste, or irritation from contaminants is detected.
- Cartridge or Filter Type: Cartridge
- Gas & Vapor Protection Type: Organic Vapor/Acid Gas
- Height: 3.4 Inch
- Length: 4.2 Inch
- NIOSH Cartridge or Filter Assigned Color Coding: Yellow
- Nuisance Odor Relief (< OSHA PEL): N/A
- Operation Type: Facility Safety, Maintenance, Repair & Operations, Overhaul
- Recommended Application: Assembly and Mechanical, Batch-Charging, Change-Overs, Chemical Dispensing, Clean-up, Cleaning, Handling, Painting, Parts Cleaning, Pesticide Application, Powder, Seal Coatings
- Recommended Industry: Agriculture, Aluminum Reduction, Chemical Manufacturing, Laboratories, Petrochemical, Pharmaceuticals, Pulp and Paper, Utilities
- US Military Spec: No