3M™ 60929S P100 Mercury Vapor/Chlorine/Sulfur Dioxide Gas Cartridge/Filter
- P100 particulate filter
- Protects against mercury vapor, chlorine gas, and sulfur dioxide
- Estimated service life (ESL) of 40 hours
This combined cartridge/P100 filter provides protection against mercury vapors, chlorine gases, and sulfur dioxide, and particulates. It can be used by professionals in a variety of applications, including petrochemical, laboratories, pharmaceutical, and chemical manufacturing. It is approved by NIOSH and features a convenient swept-back design that provides enhanced visibility, balance, and comfort.
When properly fitted, the 3M 60926S P100 cartridge helps provide respiratory protection from mercury vapors, chlorine gasses, and sulfur dioxide as well as non-oil- and oil-based particulates at concentrations up to 10 times the permissible exposure limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with full facepieces.
WARNING: Not for use in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
Use this filter with 3M™ Reusable Respirators, including half and full facepieces 6000, 7000, and FF-400 Series with bayonet filter holders. Full facepieces must be quantitatively fit tested to claim assigned protection factor above 10 in negative pressure mode.
This cartridge/filter can help reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (e.g., mold, Bacillus anthracis, Avian Influenza viruses, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc.), but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting infection, illness, or disease. OSHA and other government agencies have not established safe exposure limits for these contaminants.
Before using these filters, you must determine the following:
- The type of contaminant(s) for which the respirator is being selected.
- The concentration level of contaminant(s).
- Whether the respirator can be properly fitted on the wearer’s face. (e.g., Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the face seal of the respirator.)
- Before use of these respirators, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented, meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, including training, medical evaluation, and fit testing.
- These cartridges do not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not alter, abuse, or misuse these cartridges and/or respirator.
- Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the faceseal of the respirator.
Time Use Limitations:
Replace cartridge in accordance with an established change schedule or earlier if smell, taste, or irritation from contaminants is detected. (Estimated Life Cycle of 40 hours)
|Manufacturer Model Number||60929S|