3M™ 60928 P100 Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge
- P100 particulate filter
- Organic vapor relief
- Acid gas relief
- 3M recommended for use against radioiodine or methyl bromide
The 3M™ 60928 P100 Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge is NIOSH approved for certain organic vapors, acid gases and particulates.
While NIOSH does not have a test procedure to certify air purifying filters against radioiodine or methyl bromide, this combination cartridge is recommended by 3M for use against radioiodine or methyl bromide at ambient concentrations up to 5 ppm and for not more than one shift.
WARNING: Not for use in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).
Use this filter with 3M Reusable Respirators, including half and full facepieces 6000, 7000, and FF-400 Series with bayonet filter holders. Full facepieces must be quantitatively fit tested to claim assigned protection factor above 10 in negative pressure mode.
This cartridge/filter can help reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (e.g., mold, Bacillus anthracis, Avian Influenza viruses, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc.), but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting infection, illness, or disease. OSHA and other government agencies have not established safe exposure limits for these contaminants
Before using these filters, you must determine the following:
- The type of contaminant(s) for which the respirator is being selected.
- The concentration level of contaminant(s).
- Whether the respirator can be properly fitted on the wearer’s face. (e.g., Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the face seal of the respirator.)
- Before use of these respirators, a written respiratory protection program must be implemented, meeting all the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, including training, medical evaluation, and fit testing.
- These cartridges do not supply oxygen. Do not use in atmospheres containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
- Do not alter, abuse, or misuse these cartridges and/or respirator.
- Do not use with beards, facial hair, or other conditions that prevent a good seal between the face and the faceseal of the respirator.
|Filter Type||P100/Organic Vapor/Acid Gas|
|Manufacturer Model Number||60928|