Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning (UFT) Seminar
Have the horror stories of ruined upholstery prevented you from taking advantage of this lucrative field? Learn to avoid the mistakes that others have found only through trial and error. Experience can be a great teacher, but a very expensive one. This two-day course will teach you all the techniques necessary to be a successful upholstery and fabric cleaner.
Having experience as a carpet cleaner will help on the easy synthetic fabrics but is of no help on the silks, cottons, linens, leathers and other exotic fabrics you will encounter. You will learn how to test and inspect each fabric to determine your safest method of cleaning. Certain fabrics such as chintz or moiré require special attention. The pH scale you may have learned in a carpet course will be reviewed heavily and will be the basis for much of your cleaning. Understanding the role of an "acid rinse" will keep you out of trouble. You will learn a detailed inspection process that will keep you from making the big three mistakes: bleeding, browning and shrinkage.
One of the largest and missed opportunities in cleaning is office partition cleaning. You will learn how easy it is to clean these partitions and how to sell this type of cleaning. If you were to compare the value of carpet versus fabric in the average home, fabric would win. Many companies turn down fabric cleaning due to fear. This fear is due to a lack of knowledge and training. Become a fabric specialist and reap the rewards!
What you'll learn…
- How to test for the correct cleaning method
- How to select the proper chemicals and cleaning equipment
- The inspection process that can eliminate complaints
- How to clean bleeders and sensitive fabrics
- How to test for polished cotton
- When dry cleaning is the right choice
- What the codes S, W, and X mean
- How to recognize, prevent and solve difficult problems
- Hands-on training – if you have a problem cushion, bring it along!
- Course qualifies for 2 IICRC Continuing Education Credits!
IICRC Exam available for an additional charge.
|Class date||Class Location||Instructor||Price|
|Sept. 10, 2014 - Sept. 11, 2014||Seattle, WA||Cazares||$269|
|Oct. 20, 2014 - Oct. 21, 2014||Langhorne, PA||Cutshall||$269|
|Oct. 23, 2014 - Oct. 24, 2014||Roselle, IL||Cross||$269|
|Nov. 13, 2014 - Nov. 14, 2014||Atlanta, GA||Andrews||$269|
Hover Over Image to Zoom Click Image to View Larger