You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
The Tramex PTM Professional Moisture Meter is a digital, pin-type resistant moisture meter that takes precise moisture measurements in wood and comparative readings in wood by-products and other building materials.
This meter is ideal for use by professionals who handle/install wood and wood by-products. It gives a wide range of moisture readings from 7–40% in wood with 0.1% accuracy, ensuring contractors can be confident in the readings and determine whether the wood is at the correct moisture level for its intended use.
This small, handheld meter is easy to use and conveniently fits in your pocket. It features built-in probe pins and a built-in socket, allowing you to connect a variety of external pin probes (sold separately).
HOW IT WORKS
The Professional Moisture Meter works on the principle of DC resistance. When the electrode pins are pressed or driven into the wood, the electrical resistance between the electrodes is measured and indicated on the digital display.
If the wood is dry, the resistance is high. If moisture is present in the wood, the electrical resistance between the pins changes. The higher the moisture content the greater the reduction in resistance.
The level of resistance is accurately measured by the instrument, which translates it into a percentage of dry weight moisture content.
- Wide moisture content range: 7–40% in wood
- Digital readout to 0.1% accuracy
- Reading “Hold” facility to freeze reading
- Temperature stable circuit
- Heavy-duty, yet lightweight aluminum construction
- Built-in battery check
- Battery powered (included)
- Timed default “Off” saves batteries
- Built-in socket for use with a choice of optional external pin probes (sold separately)
- Species adjustment table and temperature adjustment chart supplied
Brand Tramex Category Moisture Meters Warranty Information 1 year Condition New
- Related Products
Customers Also Viewed