You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
StoneTech Professional Honing Powder is available in 180, 400, 600 and 800 grit levels. Different grits eliminate mild to deep scratches.
For use on most marble, limestone, travertine, and terrazzo.
- 180 Grit, 280 Grit, 400 Grit: 1,000–2,000 sq ft per pound
- 600 Grit, 800 Grit: 750–1,500 sq ft per pound
Honing a stone floor is a way to create an even, flat finish on the floor. It sets up the stone for polishing and shining. Different grits eliminate mild to deep scratches. These procedures are to be used on most marble, limestone, travertine and terrazzo flooring.
- If surface is heavily soiled, pre-clean with StoneTech KlenzAll if needed.
- Mask off and protect any baseboards or adjacent areas to avoid splashing and overspray onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
- If you are using a variety of abrasive grits, insure that the surface is well rinsed and a new pad is used for each changeover.
- Apply approximately 1/2 cup Honing Powder plus 1 cup clean water to stone surface.
- Refinish using a hand orbital sander or weighted floor machine at 130-140 lbs, 175 RPM, fitted with a natural hair pad.
- Keep compound wet while refinishing with plenty of water. Add Honing Powder as needed.
- Refinish area until the desired level of hone has been achieved.
- Rinse well and use a wet vacuum or hot water extraction unit to remove all remaining compound.
- Clean equipment with water.
Brand StoneTech Material Stone Product Type Powder Category Honing Powders, Stone Care Condition new
- Related Products
Customers Also Viewed