You get free shipping on this item!
How can I get free shipping on this item?
Ideal for Mid-Size Removal Jobs!
For easy surface prep on concrete or asphalt, choose the SMITH SPS8 Walk-Behind Scarifier. This heavy-duty, rugged unit cuts a path 8" wide and up to 1/8" deep. It offers productivity rates of up to 2,000 linear feet/hour.
The SMITH SPS8 is ideal for removing parking lot lines, leveling high spots, and removing coatings, epoxy, raised sidewalks, flaking paints, thermoplastics, and more. This scarifier is best-suited for mid-size removal jobs by contractors with limited surface prep and surface application correction projects.
It features a compact, center-drum-balanced design for smooth, stress-free operation. It doesn’t bounce and jerk around during operation, ensuring you can achieve more consistent finishes.
The SPS8 is built tough and features a rugged, all-steel construction, so it can easily withstand the toughest job site challenges.
It is also designed with several handy features that make it a popular choice amongst concrete operators and construction personnel.
- Fine adjustment hand wheel—easily adjust the cutting depth up or down to match the project needs
- Easy-access cutter drum—simply tilt the unit forward for access to the drum
- Rapid set cam lever—designed for easy use and quick operation
- Up to 4" width cut edge assembly—allows you to get close to walls
Choose between either the electric or gas-powered models depending on job site needs.
This machine is ideal for:
- Leveling and smoothing down sidewalk or walkway tripping hazards quickly
- Markings, stripes, and coatings, removal
- Removing failed coatings, contaminants, coverings, and overlays
- Preparing the right CSP profiles to improve bond strength
Drum Rotation and Power Options
- Cutter Rotation: Down
- Gas (HP) + (Drive HP): 9.0
- Electric (HP) + (Drive HP): 5.0
Cutter Drum / Tool Choices
- Carbide Scrapers, Millers
- 4N1 Carbide
- Carbide Flails
- Steel Flails (Beam or Stars)
- Wire Brush
- Removal width / pass: up to 8”
- Removal depth / pass: up to 1/8"
- Production Rate (approx.): 2,000 linear feet
- Dimensions: 38” L x 19” W x 44” H
- Weight (without drum, attachments): 225 lbs
- Variable Depth Adjustment
- Engage Cam Lever
- Vacuum Port with Containment Shroud
- Cutter Shaft OD: 1/2" (12.7mm)
- Bushed Drums
- Remote Power Shut-Off
- 2-Belt Drive System
- Serviceable bearings (2)
- Manual Operation, Not Self-Propelled
- Cutter Selection Guide
Cutter Selection Guide
Amps 30 Brand Smith Mfg. Horsepower 9 Category Scarifiers Volts 220/230 Condition New
- Related Products
Customers Also Viewed