How to Remove Ice Melt/Rock Salt from Carpet
Ice melt is tracked onto carpet during the winter months. The heaviest buildup is usually in the entry areas of a building. It will appear white and crusty on carpet.
- Vacuum carpet thoroughly.
- Apply Matrix Target Tannin Stain Remover diluted at 6 oz per gallon of water.
- Agitate with a pile brush or a Grandi Groom. Let it dwell on the carpet for 10–15 minutes.
- Thoroughly rinse and extract the area with Matrix All Fiber Rinse diluted at 6 oz per gallon of water in a portable or truck-mounted extractor.
Target is ideal for removing alkalines and tannin stains, such as coffee, tea, urine, perfume, and others. This acid-side spotter can also be used for correcting browning, dye reversal, and setting fugitive dyes. It is also excellent for removing ice melt residue.
- Acid spotter ideal for correcting browning
- Removes alkalines, coffee, tea, urine, and perfumes
- pH: 0.05–1.0
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Dilute 2–6 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $9.10
All Fiber Rinse rinses away every trace of dirt and cleaning solution, leaving behind a residue-free carpet that's squeaky clean and soft to the touch. For best results, use All Fiber Rinse after cleaning with Matrix Grand Slam Pre-Spray.
- Eliminates every trace of dirt and cleaning solution residue
- Leaves carpets bright and soft
- pH: 4.0–4.5
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet and wool
- Variable dilutions
Starting at: $16.88
Use the Grandi Groom to agitate pre-sprays with ease, allowing the chemical to reach soils and dissolve them prior to extraction. It's also great for grooming carpet after cleaning to promote a better appearance and faster drying.
- Ideal for agitating pre-sprays into carpet
- Excellent for working protector into carpet fibers
- 18-inch-wide head
- Complete with 54-inch handle and head