How to Remove Glue from Carpet
Being a sticky substance, glue obviously attracts a lot of dirt and can appear black in color. Use caution when following the instructions below. The backing of carpet is made of latex adhesive, so if cleaning products are soaked to the backing, delamination can occur.
- Apply Matrix Orange Power Gel undiluted. Tamp and blot with a spotting brush and spotting towel.
- Apply Matrix Breakdown POG undiluted. Tamp and blot with a spotting brush and spotting towel.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until no more transfer onto spotting towel is observed.
CAUTION: Do not saturate carpet. These products will dissolve latex carpet adhesive and can cause delamination.
- Rinse area thoroughly with water.
- Dry rapidly with an air mover.
These Products Are Designed for Professional Use. Warning: -Always test materials for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix products unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
For oil-based stains that refuse to budge, try Matrix Break Down POG. Break Down works quickly to remove grease, paint, tar, even lipstick, and can be rinsed out easily with water or Matrix Citrusolve Spotter.
- Treated areas dry fast to save you time
- Not available in all states
- pH: None
- Ready for use
Starting at: $7.57
Orange Power Gel allows you to dissolve gummy oil and grease spots without damaging carpeting. With the power of natural citrus solvents, Orange Power Gel attacks oily soils, so you can easily extract spots away!
- Dissolves oil, grease, tar, ink, and gum spots
- Utilizes powerful, natural citrus extracts
- pH: 6.0 - 8.5
- Ready to use
Starting at: $9.30