Benzoyl peroxide is a common ingredient in many types of acne medication and is often mixed into lotions, creams and soaps. It is one of the most common causes for mystery discoloration. Teenagers especially will apply the medication to their faces and then not wash their hands, or not wash them well enough. Then, when they sit in front of the television and lean on their hands, the medication gets on to the fibers and causes discoloration. Sometimes you may see a handprint, or even a footprint. Athlete’s foot medication also contains benzoyl peroxide.
The stain may not appear until the carpet or fabric is wet cleaned. This is a permanent form of color loss that cannot be removed. It will need to be spot dyed.
- When pre-inspecting a customer’s home, be sure to make clear notes of any areas that you think may cause a problem during cleaning. Be up front with your customer from the start to avoid problems later. Remember, any spot discovered before you clean is the customer’s problem. Any spot discovered after you clean is yours!
- With a trigger sprayer, apply Matrix Reducing Agent undiluted to the spot to stop the spreading.
Warning: Always test materials for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix products unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
This high volume, 1.0 cc per stroke, heavy-duty trigger sprayer fits most standard spray bottles with a 28/400 neck. It comes with a 9-1/4-inch dip tube fitted with a filter screen to keep impurities from entering the trigger chamber.
$0.79 As low as: $0.71
- 1.0 cc per stroke high-volume output
- Fits most trigger spray bottles
- Adjustable spray pattern
- Leakproof venting
- Filters out impurities from trigger
Our spray bottles are manufactured of translucent plastic, so you can see exactly how much formula you are mixing and how much you have to work with. Triggers are sold separately; most fit this bottle.
- Available in 16-, 24-, and 32-ounce sizes
- Use with most trigger heads
- Translucent plastic to monitor chemical levels
- 24- and 32-oz bottles feature a graduated scale
Starting at: $0.39
Matrix Reducing Agent comes in a one pound container ready to dilute and remove your worst food dye stains.
- Easy-to-mix powder
- Remove your worst food dye stains
- Variable dilutions