Battery Acid Cleanup
Battery acid is very caustic and care should be taken when handling this kind of clean up. Always wear protective gear. Battery acid on carpet is generally caused from a battery that has “exploded.”
- Apply baking soda to spot to neutralize the acid. (If battery acid has had time to dry on the carpet, you must moisten the spot with water in order to neutralize the acid.) Leave baking soda on the spot for up to an hour to ensure that the acid is completely neutralized. The baking soda will have formed a paste.
- Using an extraction machine, rinse the carpet with Matrix All Fiber Rinse diluted at 6 oz per gallon of water.
Warning: Always test materials for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix products unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
If you work in environments that contain oil- and non-oil-based particles, these filters from 3M are ideal. They meet NIOSH standards and feature specially designed carbon layers to remove nuisance levels of acid gases.
- Great for asbestos abatement or working with bleach
- Nuisance level acid gas relief
- Contains no fiberglass
- For use with 3M 5000, 6000, 7000, and 7500 series masks
Starting at: $7.34
All Fiber Rinse rinses away every trace of dirt and cleaning solution, leaving behind a residue-free carpet that's squeaky clean and soft to the touch. For best results, use All Fiber Rinse after cleaning with Matrix Grand Slam Pre-Spray.
- Eliminates every trace of dirt and cleaning solution residue
- Leaves carpets bright and soft
- pH: 4.0–4.5
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet and wool
- Variable dilutions
Starting at: $16.35
These goggles are made of a soft vinyl frame with a polycarbonate lens. Flexible frame molds comfortably to the face. These anti-fog, scratch-resistant goggles allow room for most prescription glasses. The adjustable headband provides a custom fit for any wearer. Available with direct and indirect ventilation.
- Anti-fog, scratch-resistant lens
- Flexible vinyl frame
- Adjustable headband
Starting at: $1.99
This half face respirator was designed with the wearer in mind. A soft sealing surface and uniquely designed 3M™ Cool Flow™ Exhalation Valve enhances wearer comfort and face fit. It contains no latex and can be used with many filters and cartridges.
- Low maintenance
- Numerous cartridge/filter options
- This product contains no natural rubber latex
Starting at: $24.29
These powder-free nitrile gloves are 3X more puncture-resistant than rubber gloves! They're an affordable way to protect your hands from a broad range of chemicals as well as bloodborne pathogens.
- Latex and powder free; puncture resistant
- 5 mil thickness
- Micro-textured surface for a non-slip grip
- 100 gloves per box; 10 boxes per case (XL 90 per box)
Starting at: $9.61