How to Remove Antifreeze/Coolant from Carpet
Antifreeze or engine coolant is made of water and ethylene glycol or propylene glycol with corrosion inhibitors and dye. It can be spilled onto a carpet or tracked in on shoes. Removal of the oil-based components should be done first before attempting removal of the dye.
- Using a pump-up sprayer, apply Matrix Grand Slam SC diluted at 6 oz per gallon of water to the affected area.
- Using extraction machine, rinse with Matrix All Fiber Rinse diluted at 2 ounces per gallon of water.
- If there is dye remaining on the floor, apply Matrix Red Be Gone by mixing equal parts of solution A & B, and then apply to the spot.
- Place a moderately wet towel over the area and apply steam heat from an iron set at the lowest steam setting.
- Check the spot every 30 seconds. When the stain has disappeared, remove the heat and towel.
- Thoroughly rinse and extract the chemical residue away.
Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
Matrix Grand Slam TLC is an incredible pre-spray that will help you get a better clean in less time. Plus, due to its unique chemistry, it won't clog up your jets, and it even improves dry times all for less than a penny per square foot! One concentrated gallon makes 33 RTU!
- Three times more cleaning power than other pre-sprays
- Great pre-spray for commercial and residential carpet
- pH: 9.5–9.8
- Safe for stain-resistant carpets
- Dilute 4 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $34.62
All Fiber Rinse rinses away every trace of dirt and cleaning solution, leaving behind a residue-free carpet that's squeaky clean and soft to the touch. For best results, use All Fiber Rinse after cleaning with Matrix Grand Slam Pre-Spray.
- Eliminates every trace of dirt and cleaning solution residue
- Leaves carpets bright and soft
- pH: 4.0–4.5
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet and wool
- Variable dilutions
Starting at: $16.88
Red Be Gone has a unique chemistry that removes food dye stains by chemically altering their color to make them invisible.
- Removes red food dye stains
- Chemically alters color making spot invisible
- pH: 7.0 (when mixed)
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Mix equal parts A and B solutions
Starting at: $16.91
The EZ Spot Portable Spotting Extractor is ideal for spot removal or quick touch-ups between regular carpet cleanings in homes or offices. Plus, this model includes a 600-watt heater to really help you power through tough spots. If you perform auto detailing, this is a must-have tool!
- Ideal for carpet spot removal or quick touch-ups
- 55-PSI pump
- Powerful 600-watt heater heats water up to 200°F
- 3-gallon solution and recovery tanks
- 16-foot vacuum and solution hoses