How to Remove Antifreeze from Carpet
Antifreeze is made of water and ethylene glycol or propylene glycol with corrosion inhibitors and dye. It can be spilled onto a carpet or tracked in on shoes. Removal of the oil-based components should be done first before attempting removal of the dye.
- Using a pump-up sprayer, apply Matrix Grand Slam SC diluted at 6 oz per gallon of water to the affected area.
- Using extraction machine, rinse with Matrix All Fiber Rinse diluted at 2 ounces per gallon of water.
- If there is dye remaining on the floor, apply Matrix Red Be Gone by mixing equal parts of solution A & B, and then appling it on the spot.
- Place a moderately wet towel on the spot. Apply steam heat from an iron set at the lowest steam setting.
- Check the spot every 30 seconds. When the stain has disappeared, remove the heat and towel.
- Extraction rinse the chemical residue away.
Matrix Grand Slam TLC is an incredible pre-spray that will help you get a better clean in less time. Plus, due to its unique chemistry, it won't clog up your jets, and it even improves dry times all for less than a penny per square foot!
- Three times more cleaning power than other pre-sprays
- Great pre-spray for commercial and residential carpet
- pH: 9.5–9.8
- Safe for stain-resistant carpets
- Dilute 4 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $31.64
All Fiber Rinse rinses away every trace of dirt and cleaning solution, leaving behind a residue-free carpet that's squeaky clean and soft to the touch. For best results, use All Fiber Rinse after cleaning with Matrix Grand Slam Pre-Spray.
- Eliminates every trace of dirt and cleaning solution residue
- Leaves carpets bright and soft
- pH: 4.0–4.5
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet and wool
- Variable dilutions
Starting at: $14.83
Red Be Gone has a unique chemistry that removes food dye stains by chemically altering their color to make them invisible.
- Removes red food dye stains
- Chemically alters color making spot invisible
- pH: 7.0 (when mixed)
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Mix equal parts A and B solutions
Starting at: $16.91
The EZ Spot Portable Spotting Extractor is ideal for spot removal or quick touch-ups between regular carpet cleanings in homes or offices. Plus, this model includes a 1,000-watt heater to really help you power through tough spots. If you perform auto detailing, this is a must-have tool!
- Ideal for carpet spot removal or quick touch-ups
- 55-PSI pump
- Powerful 1,000-watt heater heats water up to 200°F
- 3-gallon solution and recovery tanks
- 16-foot vacuum and solution hoses