Wood Furniture Restoration
This tech help explains how to remove soot from wood furniture. If wood has been burned, it will probably need replacement.
- Using a pump-up sprayer apply Unsmoke Degrease-All diluted at 14-43 oz per gallon of water. Use minimal moisture in applying it.
- Use dry cleaning sponges to remove loose soot evenly.
- Using a cloth rag, apply Chemspec Wood Crème Restorer over the vertical and horizontal surfaces working with the grain of the wood.
- Let Wood Crème Restorer dwell for 5 to 10 minutes to soften the oily soot.
- Using 0000 steel wool, agitate surface with wood grain gently polishing off smoke staining.
- Wipe excess restorer of with terry cloth towel. Wipe in the direction of the grain.
- With a cloth rag, rub Unitex Luster Lemon Oil Polish into the wood.
- If odor remains, place furniture in ozone vault and let sit for 24-48 hours.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
List View Grid View
Starting at: $40.73Wood Creme Restorer is a gentle cleaner developed for smoke-damaged wood surfaces. It will not harm the finest finished-wood surfaces. In fact, this mild cream formula actually restores the natural properties of a variety of woods.
- Replaces natural wood properties
- Removes smoke-related odors
- Rids wood of water-damage marks
- Not available in California
- Spicy floral fragrance
Starting at: $21.86To restore the oil in wood after heat/smoke damage -- or if age or lack of humidity upset the moisture balance -- get Luster Lemon. Apply with a damp cloth, leave on momentarily, then wipe with a dry cloth. Luster Lemon is ideal for restoring wood with moderate smoke damage.
- Restores oils in wood
- Great with moderate smoke damage
- pH: None
- Not available in all states
- Ready to use
Degrease-All offers a special blend of tough cleaning agents formulated to remove silt and soot from walls, fixtures, sealed wood, painted surfaces, yet gentle enough to be used as a traffic lane cleaner. It is tough enough to remove the heaviest smoke odors.
- Multi-surface degreaser
- Highly effective pre-spray for carpet or upholstery
- pH: 12.3 (RTU 11.0)
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Various dilution options
$949.00Dealing with tough odors on your restoration job? The Total Zone TZ-2 Ozone Generator produces 3,000 milligrams of ozone and is ideal for use in mid-size rooms and containment zones (up to 120,000 cubic feet). It eliminates cigar/cigarette odors, pet odors, cooking odors, paint odors, and more!
- Produces 3,000 milligrams of ozone per hour
- Can handle jobs up to 120,000 cubic feet
- 100 CFM fan
- Weighs less than 10 lbs; pulls just 2 amps
- For use in unoccupied areas only
Sale: $36.43These T-shirt rags are great for general cleaning and maintenance tasks. Use them for cleaning really dirty messes, such as grease and oil spills, and then toss them when soiled.
- Ideal for general cleaning and wiping tasks
- Rags are launderable, but also disposable
- Sold in a package of 50 lbs
Starting at: $41.84
These heavy-duty vulcanized natural rubber sponges excel at all types of cleaning applications, especially surfaces damaged by soot, smoke or fires. Wait until you see how much soot and dirt this sponge can power through on your restoration site!
- Bulk packed (Not Individually Wrapped)
- Non-greasy; will not leave a residue
- Small: 6 x 0.75 x 3 inches
- Medium: 6 x 1.5 x 3 inches
- Large: 8 x 1.75 x 2.75 inches