Lampshade Restoration from Smoke Damage
Lampshade components have water and solvent sensitivity that will make restoration “salvage cleaning.”
- Blow off excess soil with a controlled air source.
- Dry sponge the shade inside and out with dry cleaning sponges.
- Hold the shade by the frame only. Spray uniformly both outside and inside with Chemspec Fast Drying Upholstery Shampoo. Work from the bottom to the top to prevent streaking.
- Agitate gently with a horsehair brush.
- Using a portable extractor, spray with warm water from top to bottom.
- Gently vacuum out excess moisture using a drapery cleaning tool.
- Force dry with an air mover.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
These heavy-duty vulcanized natural rubber sponges excel at all types of cleaning applications, especially surfaces damaged by soot, smoke or fires. Wait until you see how much soot and dirt this sponge can power through on your restoration site!
- Bulk packed (not individually wrapped)
- Non-greasy; will not leave a residue
- Small: 6 x 0.75 x 3 inches
- Medium: 6 x 1.5 x 3 inches
- Large: 8 x 1.75 x 2.75 inches
Starting at: $41.84
This brush features real horsehair bristles on a plastic block. Measures 6" x 2".
- Horsehair bristles on a plastic block
- Measures 6 inches x 2 inches
The Typhoon offers a powerful 0.4 HP motor with 3 run speeds for all your drying challenges. Best of all, it only draws 3.0 amps! The two onboard GFCI outlets let you daisy chain multiple air movers, so you don't have to search for extra outlets. Just plug two fans into the Typhoon to eliminate the need for extension cords and power blocks.
$194.51 As low as: $187.51
- 3.0 amps; 0.4 HP
- 3-speed centrifugal air mover with onboard GFCI outlets
- Stackable for storage
- Can be adjusted to 3 positions
This foam-generating shampoo works just well in upholstery cleaning machines as it does using traditional hand-cleaning methods. Its rich, stable soil-lifting foam cuts through and lifts greasy soil, suspending it atop carpet fibers where it can be easily vacuumed away.
- Powers through greasy soil
- Contains ingredients to help speed-dry wet materials
- pH: 4.5–8.5
- For use on synthetic and natural fibers
- Dilute 10 ounces per gal of water
Starting at: $23.86
The EZ Spot Portable Spotting Extractor is ideal for spot removal or quick touch-ups between regular carpet cleanings in homes or offices. Plus, this model includes a 1,000-watt heater to really help you power through tough spots. If you perform auto detailing, this is a must-have tool!
- Ideal for carpet spot removal or quick touch-ups
- 55-PSI pump
- Powerful 1,000-watt heater heats water up to 200°F
- 3-gallon solution and recovery tanks
- 16-foot vacuum and solution hoses
This 5" wide upholstery vacuum attachment is made from durable gray plastic. It is ideal for vacuuming upholstery and getting into hard-to-reach areas. Connects to a 1 1/2" hose.
- 1.5" hose opening
- Durable gray plastic
- 5" wide vacuum head