Lampshade Restoration from Smoke Damage
Lampshade components have water and solvent sensitivity that will make restoration “salvage cleaning.”
- Blow off excess soil with a controlled air source.
- Dry sponge the shade inside and out with dry cleaning sponges.
- Hold the shade by the frame only. Spray uniformly both outside and inside with Chemspec Fast Drying Upholstery Shampoo. Work from the bottom to the top to prevent streaking.
- Agitate gently with a horsehair brush.
- Using a portable extractor, spray with warm water from top to bottom.
- Gently vacuum out excess moisture using a drapery cleaning tool.
- Force dry with an air mover.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.