Cleaning Machine Washable Clothing Affected by Tobacco or Smoke Odors
Improper cleaning of garments that have been exposed to odors, especially smoke odor, can cause the odor to permanently settle onto the fibers.
Procedure for Laundry for General Smoke Odors
- Dilute 8 ounces of Degrease-All and 1 ounce of Smoke Wash per 5 gallons of cold water. Add 1-2 oz of general-purpose laundry detergent. Soak clothes overnight.
- Pre-spot stains with a solution of 32 oz of Degrease-All to 96 ounces water.
- Add 1 cup of Degrease-All to the wash cycle
- Add 2 oz of Smoke Wash to wash cycle. Caution: overuse may cause foaming
- Launder normally.
Degrease-All offers a special blend of tough cleaning agents formulated to remove silt and soot from walls, fixtures, sealed wood, painted surfaces, yet gentle enough to be used as a traffic lane cleaner. It is tough enough to remove the heaviest smoke odors.
- Multi-surface degreaser
- Highly effective for removing soot
- pH: 12.3 (RTU 11.0)
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Various dilution options
Starting at: $25.65
ODORx Smoke Wash is an effective cleaner and deodorizer designed for use on all types of fiber materials. It can also be used as a laundry cleaning booster to deodorize soot and smoke odors in washable fabrics—simply add to each laundry load.
- Helps eliminate smoke odors from clothing
- Can be utilized for dry foam cleaning upholstery or carpet
- pH: None
- Safe for use on all fabric types
- Variable dilutions
Starting at: $99.70
Odorcide Laundry is specifically designed to neutralize laundry odors caused by a variety of sources, including sports, smoke, work, pets, and more.
- Great pre-soak for heavily contaminated items
- Can be added directly with the detergent
- Safe for use on any surface
Starting at: $13.90