How to Remove Fuel Odors from Floors and Other Hard Surfaces
Fuel that has leaked or spilled onto hard surfaces can be a serious, lingering odor problem. For additional information beyond what is listed here, please contact a Jon-Don Representative at (800) 556-6366.
Basic Method: Option 1
- Thoroughly clean the surface with Unsmoke Degrease-All.
- Rinse the area with water.
- If the odor is on a cement floor, acid etch the surface with muratic acid at a 10:1 ratio, then rinse with water.
- Fog the surface using Unsmoke Thermo 55 Neutral.
- Seal the surface with a sealer.
Basic Method: Option 2
- Clean the floor with Unitex Anvil Degreaser.
- Rinse well with water.
- Saturate the area with Rochester Midland Fuel Oil Cleaner, ensuring the area stays wet for at least one (1) hour.
- If needed, seal the floor with a sealer.
Warning: Always test materials for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix products unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
Degrease-All offers a special blend of tough cleaning agents formulated to remove silt and soot from walls, fixtures, sealed wood, painted surfaces, yet gentle enough to be used as a traffic lane cleaner. It is tough enough to remove the heaviest smoke odors.
- Multi-surface degreaser
- Highly effective for removing soot
- pH: 12.3 (RTU 11.0)
- Safe for stain-resistant carpet
- Various dilution options
Starting at: $26.17
Basis All-Purpose Acrylic Floor Sealer combines metalized, acrylized emulsion polymer chemistry to treat resilient or non-resilient floors. Warning: do not use on unsealed wood floors.
- Water-based formulation dries to a satin gloss
- Non-yellowing formula keeps floors looking great
- pH: 8.1–8.9
- Coverage: 1,500–2,000 sq ft per gallon
Starting at: $17.76
Anvil Degreaser/Cleaner removes filth, grime, and crud from any washable surface. Apply this USDA-approved product with an auto scrubber, floor machine, mop, sprayer, sponge, foam unit, or brush.
- Cuts through filth and grime with ease
- USDA approved for meat and poultry plants
- pH: 13.0–14.0
- Multi-surface use
- Dilute 2–8 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $10.50
PRS Fuel Oil Cleaner is a biologically based cleaning formula that digests and remove soils, stains, and odors from fuel oil and other mid-weight hydrocarbons common to the restoration industry.
- Removes soil and odors from fuel oil
- Non-toxic, neutral formulation
- pH: 7.0-9.5
- For use on hard surfaces
- Variable dilutions
Starting at: $113.74