Grout Sealing on Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Floors
This is a generic tech help for stone floor and grout sealing. It covers ceramic and porcelain tile floors.
- Sweep floor to remove any abrasive debris.
- Mix sealer, according to directions. Apply using Grout Wand.
- Allow sealer to completely penetrate into the grout 5-15 minutes.
- Liberally apply a second coat following steps 2 and 3 if needed.
- Wipe up all sealer from the surface of the tile. Use a clean dry lint-free towel.
- If sealer was not completely wiped off and residue appears, wipe entire surface with a towel dampened with sealer. Use a white nylon pad to loosen residue and follow with a clean white absorbent towel to remove.
- A full cure is achieved after 24-48 hours; foot traffic may begin in 4 hours.
StoneTech Heavy Duty Grout Sealer provides heavy-duty protection for grout on ceramic and porcelain tile. This low-solids, water-based formula for interior and exterior use protects grout and makes cleaning easier. It provides a mold and mildew-resistant barrier that protects grout over the long term.
- Water-based, low-solids coating
- Mold- and mildew-resistant sealer
- pH: 4.5
- For use on grout
- Coverage: 600–1,000 sq ft per gallon
Starting at: $57.35
The Grout Wand is a grout sealer and colorant applicator that offers easy application with professional results. This disposable yet refillable and reusable tool applies the proper amount of sealer in just one application.
- Easy application with professional results
- Disposable or refillable and reusable
- Applies the proper amount of sealer in just one application
- Use with most grout sealers and colorants