Ceramic Tile and Grout Sealing
Sealing of the tile and grout for ceramic should happen every 1-2 years. Stonetech’s Heavy Duty Sealer is an excellent sealer for the stone. It is an impregnating sealer and will also seal the grout for ceramic tile. Unitex’s Reflection, Betco Sure Cure, or Stonetech Grout Sealer can also be used for sealing the grout on glazed ceramic or the entire floor surface for unglazed ceramic tile.
Ceramic has the following characteristics:
- Made by mixing clay and water and then firing it to hardness in a kiln.
- Tiles are very hard and can be glazed or left unglazed.
- The grout and mortar is porous and susceptible to staining.
- Sealer can be used to help keep grout and mortar from staining.
- Finish extends the life of the sealer on unglazed ceramic tile and makes overall maintenance more effective.
- Finish will not adhere to glazed ceramic tile.
- Do not use abrasives or highly acid cleaners on ceramic tile every day because they can destroy the grout.
- Daily mopping with a neutral cleaner keeps these tiles clean without harming the mortar.
- Before sealing, make sure surface is dry for 6-12 hours.
- Note: if using the StoneTech Heavy Duty Sealer, you can apply this sealer after 1 hour.
- Dilute StoneTech Stone and Tile Cleaner at 2 oz per gallon of water and mop onto floor to clean floor. You can also use Unitex Daily Clean diluted at 2 oz per gallon of water. For more intense cleaning, use StoneTech Klenz All diluted at 4 oz per allon of water.
- Cover all areas not being sealed to make sure sealer does not hit them.
- Using a pump-up sprayer, liberally spray, mop, or roll StoneTech Heavy Duty Sealer, Grout Sealer, Unitex Reflection, or Betco Sure Cure undiluted onto the surface until it is wet.
- When surface begins to dry, within 3-5 minutes, wipe any sealer from surface. Apply second coat as needed for more porous surfaces.
- After 30 minutes, wipe off any excess sealer with a clean and dry white terry cloth towel or cotton bonnet on a 175 RPM floor machine.
- If sealing the grout only on glazed ceramic tile, apply Unitex Reflection, Betco Sure Cure, or Stonetech Grout Sealer undiluted to grout areas. Build up to 3 coats of the sealer. For unglazed ceramic tile, follow the same steps, but cover the entire floor surface.
Warning: Always test materials for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix products unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
This water-based, urethane sealer/finish revolutionizes the way hard surface floors are sealed. It eliminates the fire hazards and excessive cost associated with conventional urethane sealers.
$150.89 As low as: $117.37
- Non-yellowing formula is versatile and easy to maintain
- Adheres to many different flooring types
- pH: 8.4–8.9
- Coverage: 1,500–2,000 sq ft per gallon
- Requires no etching before application
StoneTech Heavy Duty Grout Sealer provides heavy-duty protection for grout on ceramic and porcelain tile. This low-solids, water-based formula for interior and exterior use protects grout and makes cleaning easier. It provides a mold and mildew-resistant barrier that protects grout over the long term.
- Water-based, low-solids coating
- Mold- and mildew-resistant sealer
- pH: 4.5
- For use on grout
- Coverage: 600–1,000 sq ft per gallon
Starting at: $55.93
Water, oils, and other liquids can easily penetrate stone, leaving behind unsightly stains and damage the stone. Once treated with a protective sealer, natural stone is ready for carefree, everyday use!
- Preserves the natural look of stone
- Heavy-duty protection against all stains
- pH: 8.0–9.0
- For use on natural stone
- Coverage: 50–400 sq ft per gallon
Starting at: $113.98
StoneTech KlenzAll Cleaner powers through stubborn grease and soils on stone surfaces. Its professional strength, alkaline formula is safe on stone, so it will not etch.
- Cleans all natural stone safely
- Powers through stubborn grease and soils
- pH: 11.5–12.5
- For use on natural stone, masonry, and tile
- Variable dilutions
Starting at: $33.02
StoneTech Stone and Tile Cleaner has a gentle formula and neutral pH—perfect for daily cleaning. Designed for use on ceramic, porcelain tile and grout, all natural stone, such as marble, granite, limestone, travertine, slate, terrazzo, and sandstone.
- Gentle formula perfect for daily cleaning
- Great for ceramic and porcelain tile and all natural stone
- pH: 6.0–7.0
- Safe for use on natural stone, tile, and grout
- Dilute 2–4 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $32.93
Now infused with SenTec™ malodor counteractant technology, Daily Clean cuts through dirt, grime, AND odors! It leaves no streaks, haze, or residues. Low-foam and concentrated, it works best mixed 1–3 ounces per gallon. Apply with an automatic scrubber or mop for terrific results.
- Improved formula performs better in hard water
- Leaves no residues; infused with SenTec™ odor counteractant
- pH: 7.0–8.5
- Multi-surface use
- Dilute 1–3 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $7.99
The combination of urethane and three other polymers fortify Reflection to be exceptionally durable and abrasion resistant. It can be applied effortlessly over new and old concrete, slate, quarry, tile, terrazzo, and marble.
- Exceptional durability and low maintenance
- 20% solid urethane finish provides excellent coverage
- pH: 8.4–8.9
- For use on hard flooring, including stone and concrete
- Coverage: 1,500–2,000 sq ft per gallon
Starting at: $128.03
The Grout Wand is a grout sealer and colorant applicator that offers easy application with professional results. This disposable yet refillable and reusable tool applies the proper amount of sealer in just one application.
- Easy application with professional results
- Disposable or refillable and reusable
- Applies the proper amount of sealer in just one application
- Use with most grout sealers and colorants
This 17" floor machine has a 1.5 HP motor and provides a brush speed of 175 RPM. It is perfect for jobs large and small in any commercial environment, including retail, schools, office buildings, and more.
- 1.5 HP motor, 175 brush RPM
- 17-inch cleaning path
- Heavy-duty, 50-foot power cord
- 3 year warranty
- Pad driver and clutch plate included