Terrazzo Floor Care
Terrazzo is made of marble and Portland cement. It has a glazed look and there are tiny pieces of marble encased in the tile. This tech help will cover general maintenance, sealing, and finishing terrazzo flooring. This kind of flooring is NOT similar to quarry tile. If you have further questions on this kind of flooring, please contact a Jon-Don representative.
Directions for General Maintenance:
- Set out wet floor signs.
- Mop floor with Unitex Daily Clean diluted at 1 cup to 3 gallons of water, or StoneTech Tile and Stone Cleaner diluted at 2-4 oz per gallon of water.
- Allow floor to air dry or speed drying with an air mover.
Directions for Sealing:
- Make sure surface is dry for 6-12 hours before sealing, unless using StoneTech Heavy Duty Sealer, which can be applied after 1 hour.
- With a mop, microfiber pad, roller, or paint pad, spread undiluted StoneTech Heavy Duty Sealer. Make sure product is spread evenly throughout the complete floor.
- When surface begins to dry within 15-30 minutes, spread remaining sealer across the surface and remove excess sealer by wiping with clean dry towel. Note: Second coat may be needed, apply after 30-40 minutes after first coat, following same directions.
- After final coat wait 30-40 minutes and then wipe off excess sealer from the surface with a clean dry terry cloth towel.
- If excess dries on the surface, reapply more sealer onto the surface and wipe off after 2-3 minutes with a clean dry cloth towel or white nylon pad.
Directions for Finishing:
- Make sure floor is clean and free of any old finish.
- Apply Unitex Reflection undiluted to floor using a rayon mop, microfiber mop, or lambswool applicator. Spread product evenly over entire floor.
- A very porous floor may require several coats.
Always follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
Water, oils, and other liquids can easily penetrate stone, leaving behind unsightly stains and damage the stone. Once treated with a protective sealer, natural stone is ready for carefree, everyday use!
- Preserves the natural look of stone
- Heavy-duty protection against all stains
- pH: 8.0–9.0
- For use on natural stone
- Coverage: 50–400 sq ft per gallon
Starting at: $113.98
StoneTech Stone and Tile Cleaner has a gentle formula and neutral pH—perfect for daily cleaning. Designed for use on ceramic, porcelain tile and grout, all natural stone, such as marble, granite, limestone, travertine, slate, terrazzo, and sandstone.
- Gentle formula perfect for daily cleaning
- Great for ceramic and porcelain tile and all natural stone
- pH: 6.0–7.0
- Safe for use on natural stone, tile, and grout
- Dilute 2–4 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $32.28
Now infused with SenTec™ malodor counteractant technology, Daily Clean cuts through dirt, grime, AND odors! It leaves no streaks, haze, or residues. Low-foam and concentrated, it works best mixed 1–3 ounces per gallon. Apply with an automatic scrubber or mop for terrific results.
- Improved formula performs better in hard water
- Leaves no residues; infused with SenTec™ odor counteractant
- pH: 7.0–8.5
- Multi-surface use
- Dilute 1–3 ounces per gallon of water
Starting at: $7.68
The combination of urethane and three other polymers fortify Reflection to be exceptionally durable and abrasion resistant. It can be applied effortlessly over new and old concrete, slate, quarry, tile, terrazzo, and marble.
- Exceptional durability and low maintenance
- 20% solid urethane finish provides excellent coverage
- pH: 8.4–8.9
- For use on hard flooring, including stone and concrete
- Coverage: 1,500–2,000 sq ft per gallon
Starting at: $27.09