Wet Stripping with Conventional Floor Machine
Wet stripping involves remove the floor finish by using liquid strippers. This method involves using a conventional floor machine to agitate the stripping solution. Be sure to wear footwear that will not be damaged by powerful stripping agents while doing this procedure.
- Prepare stripping solution in a bucket mixing it to its proper dilution ratios.
- Apply a generous amount of stripping solution to floor with a mop.
- Allow solution to remain on the floor as label recommends.
- Use a floor machine with a stripping pad to agitate old finish off the floor.
- Overlap the just-scrubbed area on the next pass.
- Remove the slurry with a wet/dry vacuum.
- Mop on clear water from a clean bucket to rinse floor the first time.
- If stripper used requires a neutralizer, use a diluted neutralizer in another bucket and mop on for the second rinse.
- If a film remains on the floor after the floor dries, mop it with a diluted neutralizer.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.