Stripping Floor without Machinery
Machineless stripping is designed for floors and areas inaccessible to floor machine equipment. A heavier reliance on the stripping solution is needed since agitation from the machine is not available.
- Sweep and dust mop floor.
- Using a putty knife or chewing gum removing solution, remove gum and sticky substances from floor.
- Prepare stripper solution per label directions in mop wringer/bucket set.
- Prepare a neutralizing solution in a second mop wringer and bucket set.
- Place wet floor signs around the perimeter of the room.
- Using a cotton mop generously apply stripper solution to a 10' x 10' floor area using care to not splash any on the walls.
- Let solution dwell for label recommended amount of time (usually about 3-5 minutes).
- Wet vacuum stripper and slurry solution from floor.
- Using a separate mop and the neutralizing solution, rinse floor, including cleaning baseboards, with the final rinse.
Warning: Always test material for colorfastness, follow label directions, and never mix product unless specified in the label directions. Each situation reacts differently and results may vary.
When you need basics, this 5-pack of black pads will get you through a long list of stripping jobs on baseboards and small floor areas, but it packs a punch on grills, griddles, ovens, broilers, shop tools, brickwork, and concrete, too.
- Ideal for baseboards and stripping tasks
- Use with utility pad holder
- Aggressive pad for hard-to-clean surfaces
- Sold 5 per package or 20 per case
- Black color
Starting at: $5.93
Need quick, easy finish removal on vinyl tile, vinyl asbestos, terrazzo, quarry tile or marble? Colorless Melt Down removes it all and then finishes fast and efficiently.
- No neutralizing required; non-ammoniated formulation
- Easy to use, low-odor formula
- pH: 11.8–12.8; pH at dilution: 11.0–11.4
- Variable dilutions
- Covers 400 sq ft per gallon
Starting at: $19.93